Skip to content

Discuss This New Triumph Street Triple revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Triumph Street Triple revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

New Triumph Street Triple revealed

Triumph has bumped the spec of its 675cc Street Triples gently upward while keeping hold of the prices. The new bikes get a de-chromed look, chunkier aluminium bars (previously just on the Street Triple R model) and of course ‘those’ headlights. The standard bike will cost £6649 on the road with the R set at £7349. The makeover also marks a welcome...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (28 March 2011 13:38)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
siggy2001

Mar 11

siggy2001 says:

Agree Ugly

I am glad someone else agrees. I am sure they are great bikes but what put me off buying one last year is that they look like they have been nocked together in a garden shed, Japanese and Italians would never get away with such poor styling.

I guess it is individual taste.

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

Tacky

Looks a bit ugly and tacky. They need to employ some one from MV, they know how to style a naked bike properly.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

I think the flyscreen should just be stock, the headlights look ugly and lost without it (same goes for the Speed Triple). And purple certainly won't be a huge success...for the rest I think the Street still looks hot.

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

Real Triumphs . . .

. . . have round headlights.  There, I said it.

Reply to this Topic
SpeedLimitRacer

Feb 11

Spam-The fungus of forums

Message to Spammers out there: I would never buy anything from a company (more likely an individual) who tries to attract customers through spamming the forums of a web-site. If you want customers to respect you, pay for an advert. If you can't afford to do that you are clearly a very small 'operation': Grow-up and fuck off. Nobody gives a shit about you.

Reply to this Topic
Westcroft

Oct 10

Westcroft says:

Street Triple

I like it, I like it a lot.  I like the colour - hurrah for being different!  I like the new lights, I like the brushed steel.  The styling hasnt changed that much.  What is the matter with you, accept change and move on!!

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

SpeedLimitRacer

Well said mate couldn't have put it better myself, the thoughts of 99.9% on this forum I would suspect. Some of the wankers are approaching gold status. Tut tut MCN.

Reply to this Topic
hawkeye1

Mar 10

hawkeye1 says:

Oh, don't you realise that triumph being as clever as they are call the speed and street triple "streetfighters". What this basically means is to make the bikes as ugly as possible by stripping them of standard parts e.g belly pan, headlight cowls/ visors etc so that we the buying public will then in our ignorance go back and buy the very same parts that should have been included in the first place at over inflated triumph prices. Hey, its worked for them so far. Buggers probably can't believe their luck

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

So Close and yet so far. . .

I almost bought a Street Triple R in 2009.  I particularly loved the one in matt orange.  Looking at the new one I started to regret not buying the old one, with the round headlights.  Then I remembered:  Very limited steering lock, which seemed strange on a naked bike.  I suppose things like that don't matter to professional journalists and those who can afford a dedicated track day bike.  But for riding in the real urban world, with real sharp, low speed turns, I just couldn't pretend that the street triple was a streetfighter.  No matter, we've all got to move on to ugly plastic headlights and purple paint.  (I still love the KTM that I bought in lieu of the Triumph.)

Reply to this Topic
veedub1955

Nov 08

veedub1955 says:

April fool

Is this MCN's april fool, this has just snuck up on us and the only change is the headlights, I think not haha and purple, nice one MCN but im not convinced lol

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices