Sport Donnington World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Sport > World Superbikes > Donnington

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

stavrostheram

Nov 09

Donnington

Thought donno did well to put on the show it did all things considered.Shame redgate lodge has gone for a beer but on the plus side managed to get to the infield walking from craner curves with ease.Give Kevin Wheatcroft time and he will make it a great circuit!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (28 March 2011 20:43)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
motogpnorival

Feb 10

That's.......

........... DONINGTON....... It will take a lot more than Kevin Wheatcroft to turn Donington into a great circuit...... I'm guessing Barrat Homes or Wimpy.... to turn it into a great ex-circuit and a convenient housing development next to that busy airport..... maybe an enterprise zone, another runway or all three....... Never has been and NEVER will be a great circuit......

Reply to this Topic
dtpchemicals

Feb 09

dtpchemicals says:

Donnington

Great world class racing.

Third world fascilities.

Up to 80 people waiting to use the 12 portaloos.

Banking disapeared.No sign of construction traffic.

poor trade stands.

Never again.

Dave p

Reply to this Topic
philthewindsurfer

Aug 02

I enjoyed it

Banking disappeared? Did they ever have a branch or ATM there?
Poor trade stands? Do you think they would all turn up in the middle of winter with the prospect of few customers?

Fantastic day out to see racing in March, I'm so glad the weather held up. Good to see it back in action. Its a great track to ride around and the viewing from Redgate/Old Hairpin is better than most places Ive been.
I cant see them ploughing millions into it because it has to make money. They do need to get some grass seed down on the muddy bits though.
I'll be back up there for the endurance event in August as the tickets were free with WSB advance orders. Great VFM.

Reply to this Topic
menalee

Mar 11

menalee says:

donnington

Why are we even discussing mud banking, world class tracks have seating and granstands at all main spectator areas. The facilities stink, literally. F1 didn't go to Donnington for good reason and while we continue to get mugged for £55 a time nothing will change. Just checked the price of my tickets from 2009, cost then £35, thats some price hike.

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

Considering it was March

I was impressed that there were as many there as there were, considering how cold it was! A brief respite when the sun shone early afternoon but I guess it could have been raining, so we should consider ourselves fortunate! :lol:

I went 2 years ago in the summer and it felt fuller last Sunday, which IMHO was a pretty good turn out bearing in mind the recent construction work. The place is still a dump but I was glad to turn up and support the racers, especially all the Brits. As a fan of Camier I was pleased he got the 2nd race podium, which kinda made it all the more worthwhile.

Have to say that from the outside of Hollywood the view was quite simply superb - you could see from the braking point into Redgate right through to them going up the hill to Coppice! Couldn't quite see McCleans but then just opposite there was a big screen anyway!

Hate to say it but it is great for spectating!

Reply to this Topic
philthewindsurfer

Aug 02

menalee

My Sunday only ticket cost £40.95, bought the preceeding Wednesday, print at home option to save me going to the post office 10 miles away to collect the tickets and sign for them.
It includes tickets for the endurance event in August.
If you want to pay £55 carry on.
F1 were going to Donington, but the previous leaseholders made a right mess of it.
Guess you will be raving about the nice bogs at  Silverstone more than the views of the racing :lol:

Reply to this Topic
afs98mrj

May 04

afs98mrj says:

donnnnnington

i have to say i agree with menalee....41£ for one days racing at a substandard track is a rip.  it's true tho' phil, silverstone's a bad track too....the viewing's hideous.  ever since brands ducked out of wsb it's probably best to go abroad to watch it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices