Skip to content

Discuss This Electronics boom impresses John Hopkins MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Electronics boom impresses John Hopkins

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Electronics boom impresses John Hopkins

John Hopkins has hailed the development of electronics in MotoGP as he prepares to make a shock premier class comeback in Spain this weekend.The American will ride injured Alvaro Bautista's factory Suzuki GSV-R in the Jerez MotoGP race while the Spaniard is sidelined with a broken femur he suffered during practice for the recent opening round in Qatar.Hopkins hasn't raced...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (29 March 2011 13:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Every cloud an all that!!!

Really gutted for Alvaro and i hope he get's better soon but i am over the foooooookin moon that Hopper will be back in the class where he (in my opinion) so rightly belongs!!! I can't wait to see him out there on the Suzuki again!

Welcome home!!!

Reply to this Topic
MitchBuckley

Sep 09

MitchBuckley says:

1 race

He's only back for 1 race though cos he's contracted to his BSB team for the rest of the season and the next few races overlap.

Reply to this Topic
matto3227

Nov 07

matto3227 says:

@ MitchBuckley

I wouldnt count on that... contracts are made to be broken

And remember that Paul Denning holds BOTH contracts... If he believes its in the best interests of the Moto GP team, dont doubt for a second he would pull Hopper off the BSB bike over onto the GP bike without a second thought. Hell if Johno were to put  in a proper quality performance this weekend it wouldnt surprise me if he & Bautista swapped seats for the rest of the season... Maybe a tad far fetched, but stranger things have happened!

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

2nd Bike...

Could we see a second Suzuki rolled out if Hopper does well this weekend? Could they find some money for the rest of the season to fund a two bike effort if they thought it was worth while??

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Nice to see another.

American back in the series where he belongs.

Feck off spammers you're wasting time by posting your crap no one cares on here.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

"It won't wheelie at all now" - which is why we need to ditch the elctronics.

Reply to this Topic
Maxxgas

Dec 10

Maxxgas says:

"won't wheelie at all now"

Yes agree with "ivebeenthehero" ,its time to ditch the ever growing electronics, even F1 have done it. Its the big chance to do it next season with the change back to 1000cc. Think we're hoping in vain tho.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Spanish Air Traffic Controllers

are on standby over the weekend in case John Hopkins attempts geo stationary orbit 100 miles above Jerez. After saying that John Hopkins would never get near a Suzuki GP ride as long as my arse points downwards I can report that the operation to move my sphincter to just above my chin worked and I'm recuperating nicely thanks.

John Hopkins needs to ditch the headphones or change the music and ride the GSV-R like his life depends on it. Because it does. He should also avoid Wayne Gardner at all costs. I'm just glad I didn't pick him for FRR

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Hopkins is Suzuki's.

Most experienced rider having ridden for them in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and finally 2007 his record on the GSV-R speaks for itself.

1 pole 2006 then in the following year in the first year of the 800s he scored four podiums along with 4th position total of 190 points.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

If it did speak for itself

1 pole and 4 podiums would start with a polite cough after waiting a long time in all time greats roll call and then disappear quietly to the bar for more lager, tales of arse hanging out braggadocio and comparisons on which medical centre has the best nurses.

I'd like  Hopkins to prove me wrong (again) and win by 3 laps or at least get some good points,have some ding dong and put an absolute stamp on his right to be there. MotoGP already has enough " on their day " riders.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices