Skip to content

Discuss This Electronics boom impresses John Hopkins MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Electronics boom impresses John Hopkins

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Electronics boom impresses John Hopkins

John Hopkins has hailed the development of electronics in MotoGP as he prepares to make a shock premier class comeback in Spain this weekend.The American will ride injured Alvaro Bautista's factory Suzuki GSV-R in the Jerez MotoGP race while the Spaniard is sidelined with a broken femur he suffered during practice for the recent opening round in Qatar.Hopkins hasn't raced...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (29 March 2011 13:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

190 points

would've troubled, interestingly, Wayne Gardner in 1987

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Its some achievement.

Especially when he is riding a poor bike compared to the others 2007 after Kenny Jr's WC can be classed as Suzuki's best season where both its riders finished 4th and 6th positions what would have Wayne Gardner have been saying back then.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

4th and 6th

3rd and 5th placed losers. Suzuki are/were a big motorbike racing company with a proud heritage and perhaps I'm cynical but I don't see that in their current approach. When Suzuki went solo they should have been bolder. Contracts probably didn't help but if they were looking forwards (and even backwards a bit) then the future for them could be Ben Spies.

They owe him anyway because he proved them wrong and I'm sure he'd be happy enough back at Suzuki if they could provide a serious prospect. That's the kind of bold move I'm talking about. Suzuki need to man up, want to win again and sort Honda out. Suzuki have always been a peak and trough team but this time they've got a bit too used to the dumps.

John Hopkins may well experience a second coming at Suzuki.........

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

IM SURE

you can never me sure of anything, if ben's career was on the wain and the only berth available was suzuki he'd take it to stay in the shop window

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

in todays money yes

but in the far off magical dream world I was typing from if Suzuki could think " well, we were good in WSB recently so we're not that shoddy and we're better than average at domestic superbike championships so we're doing something right, why are we not consistently transferring all this to the GP team like we used to?" They'll get it sorted, next year offers the opportunity of a new bike and back closer to where they were before but the problem is the other teams will be taking more ideas that work to work with on the new bike.

A combination of bike, rider and/or team management/operation issues are  obviously causing the trouble. An undeniably good and consistently fast rider with great feedback skills would be a start.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Hoping for hopper

Top ten would be great, best of luck hopper

Reply to this Topic
timgsxr

Mar 11

timgsxr says:

Go Hopper

Go Hopper. And what up with all the fucken spam

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

If he beats Abrahams

he will have exceeded my expectations.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

I reckon.

Hopper will beat Abraham.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wurzel714

Dec 02

wurzel714 says:

lets just hope they dont do to hopper what happened with sylvain guintoli and they nick him for the world championship.  I'm really looking forward to see him race in the UK

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices