You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Pillions

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Neilrawlins1

Mar 11

Neilrawlins1 says:

Pillions

Hello guys i have a new GSXR 600 and when i take the mrs on the bike she jut moans about how much she prefered my old bikes grab rails (the new one dont have any) so is there any way i can get either a grab rail like old times? or something ?? i have love handels (the clip on ones (like a waist belt) and she hates them usualy i would say ram it but now a few ppl are complaining and she is cuming to the BMF so i want to make sure i have something for her. can anyone suject anything a while ago i saw a petrol bar thing that was on the tank like a nuckleduster on 2 rods simple but effective but its vanished so cant find it anymore. any help would be AMAZING ! ty guys :laugh:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (29 March 2011 15:13)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Grab-rail

Hey there... you could get yourself something like this fitted:

... but in all honesty, it spoils the appearance IMHO.  These bikes aren't really made to carry passengers, and the extra footrests etc. are put there very much as an afterthought.

If you want to carry passengers around very much, you really didn't want to get a supersports bike.

Reply to this Topic
Neilrawlins1

Mar 11

Neilrawlins1 says:

thank you :)

Hay ty :) yea i totaly agree with you i dont really carry pillions tbh its just heading to the BMF is a pain in the car and the only way i can get the mrs to the bmf is on the back :( thanks ill give them a looking into :)

Reply to this Topic
lee711

Nov 08

lee711 says:

pillion grips

Seen these ....  tankgrip
and this ... Another one

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
shanep

Jul 09

shanep says:

people holding tank while cornerin

makes my bike feel wierd, might be just me though!

Reply to this Topic
svgirly

Feb 11

svgirly says:

on pillions...

my nine year old son wants to come on my bike.  I'd always said no in the past but he keeps pestering.  Legally he's fine and if i did take him i'd get him the right kit, but just don't know still.....:upset:

Reply to this Topic
tc330

Mar 11

tc330 says:

Child pillion - sorry to hijack thread

My daughter has been riding pillion with me since she was 5 years old - as soon as her feet could reach the pegs. We've been all over including a week in Paris. I ride as if I was carrying precious cargo, which of course you are, go slower, brake earlier, follow further back. That's not to say ride like you're 90, just smarter and smoother. She's 15 now and comes out less cos it's not so cool and messes up her hair, but we've had some great times together :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

pillions

If your a big fellow/woman rider you should be able to handle the weight/strain of a light pillion,if not buy the pillion a bike.:shock:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices