Skip to content

General did you go to Donington WSBK ? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > did you go to Donington WSBK ?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

did you go to Donington WSBK ?

I did.. the racing was top notch...however the spectator facilities where poo !!.

Im not blaming the Wheatcroft owners..as they inherited this mess from the previous tenants...but I think that alot will need to be done before the place is ready to host Moto-GP again....sadly !.

Also, there was hardly anyone there...check out my photo taken from Macleans...!!.

Got some other shots too...

Poor old Biaggi !!....lol:laugh:

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (29 March 2011 17:14)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

some good piccies

there gb, sadly not been to Donington since Transatlantic trophy days!!..:shock:..and sounds like the facilities still haven't improved.!!!

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

My mates camped (fools )

They only went because last time the "adult " tent was there and being dirty minded pervs all their hopes were dashed  there was only a beer van and thats it ..There  was showers n toilets ,but too bloody cold to use em ! Spectating was easy as it was quite empty . Everybody they met wished the race was staged at the right time of year summer an back at Brands .

Reply to this Topic
GSXRdreaming

Mar 11

GSXRdreaming says:

I wanted to go to be honest to support the first big bike event back at Donnington, but mostly cost put me off! As a family of four it was gonna cost us silly money. 

Having said that it's gonna cost £150 for the 4 of us to do MotoGP at Silverstone this year. Then they've got a silly option where for an extra £20 we can go on Friday and Saturday. And those tickets are for general admission only!! Doesn't make sense...

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

That

picture of the thin crowd reminded me of going there in 2000 and Rossi winning the 500cc.

Attendance = 8000! + rain. (as I recall).

WSBK still had the Foggy factor and gates were enourmous.

The Rossi/MotoGP phenomena grew from then to completely eclipse WSBK.

Anyone who doesn`t like Rossi might care to ponder this.

Rossi WILL retire at some point, and then WSBK will get the crowds back in.

If he comes to WSBK.......buy your tickets early!
I hope he does. He`ll enjoy it. 
Speshly on a red bike.!

Reply to this Topic
philthewindsurfer

Aug 02

Good day out

Fantastic day out to see racing in March, I'm so glad the weather held up. Good to see it back in action. Its a great track to ride around and the viewing from Redgate/Old Hairpin is better than most places Ive been. Id rather watch from there than anywhere at Silverstone for example.
I cant see them ploughing millions into it because it has to make money. They do need to get some grass seed down on the muddy bits though.
I'll be back up there for the endurance event in August as the tickets were free with WSB advance orders. Great VFM.

Reply to this Topic
Jeni4

Sep 08

Jeni4 says:

No I didn't

but I was hoping to watch it tonight but they have some pishy tennis match still playing :mad:

Reply to this Topic
Nakoma

Mar 11

Nakoma says:

Completely agree.

Putting in to consideration money spent over the weekend which must have been getting on for £200 all in, felt disappointed. Track and racing can't fault. However atmosphere and facilities was lacking. FM commentary broadcast? No. More than one big screen in decent locations? No. Bike manufacture stands? None. Clothing and equipment? 3 stands all with the same last year stock of t-shirts. 

Been to BSB events that had far more to offer. Which doesn't exactly give a good representation of a world championship event. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Nakoma

Yes I agree. The International Exhibition Centre there was crap.... When I was last at a Moto-GP there, the hall was full of trade stands. So when by son into there expecting to see something similiar, imagine my reaction when there was only 3 stands there !!!...one selling models, one selling photo's and one selling fag lighters !!.

Now the dunlop bridge isnt there, you go under a tunnel instead. The infield ( apart from the start /finish straight ) was totally dug up. They had placed a few stands in the middle. but apart from that, nothing !!... If Clinton Enterprises hadnt have been there, that would have been dreadful !!... Even then, it looked like they were clearing out all there " Toseland Tech 3 " T-shirts !!

Reply to this Topic
psychogirl

Aug 02

psychogirl says:

GSXRdreaming

I was at at Silverstone last year and the place and facilities were great. My only grumble was spectating. It was very flat so hard to see over heads when standing. I ended up on the Sunday forking out for grandstand seating at great expense but it was the only way I was going to actually see any racing. Just bear that in mind, maybe go early doors and get a good pitch by a fence.

Reply to this Topic
SunnySouthend

Mar 11

Yep

I went, the only races I've been to before are the MotoGP and WSB at Silverstone, so the facilities were a bit of a shock at Donington but the atmosphere was good, plus you could see the action from virtually anywhere you chose. Started on Craner Curves for first race, then onto Goddards / Start finish straight for other races.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices