Skip to content

Discuss This MCN Spam attack General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN Spam attack

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN Spam attack

As regular users will be only too aware, motorcyclenews.com is under attack from spammers selling all manner of atrocious footwear. We appreciate how mind-meltingly annoying these posts are, and would like to reassure users that our technical team is desperately trying to come up with a solution. One problem is that these spammers are not automated systems, but individuals, who keep...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (30 March 2011 14:07)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Pleased to see something is being done about it at last, they seem to be foreign based due to the poor English and grammar.

Reply to this Topic
Dizz1884

Jul 10

Dizz1884 says:

Bastards

www. removing URLs isnt going to work .com <----see

I hate spammers. Their lives must be so dull.

Reply to this Topic
LeBigmac

Jun 10

LeBigmac says:

Not a surprise tbh...

Your forum and website has been very simple and poorly protected since ages, you need a flagging system and report function on the forum, admin going through that manually is pointless. Spammer use some pretty smart tools who automate the whole process. 1. Have their IP logged and allow only a small amount of post per hour 2. Get a proper forum layout where user can flag spammer and also report them Don't bother about more complicated register process, there are so many mail platform provider out there to randomly generate emails , it's no use and you don't want to punish legitimate users. Yes you might have to get everyone to register again due to new forum but I think that small price to pay for a clean website. Regards

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

There's more spam than comments on this website.

Just find the web addresses, the country of origin and drop ten tons of real spam on them and while they are drowning in spam, burn their stocks of bloody Nike bikinis or whatever shit it is they are selling.

Reply to this Topic
WavyDavy

Aug 02

WavyDavy says:

Just Switch off all comments..

..until you've worked out how to stop the spamming.

Cut off all comments and make sure none are shown.

No comments = no spam.

Reply to this Topic
scarthie

Feb 08

scarthie says:

f**K off spam

just F**K OFF spammers come on mcn sort it out i crap

Reply to this Topic
fatbloke00

Mar 06

fatbloke00 says:

Just discard all comments that contain a url.  This is a simple technique that sees off tons of spam with very little programming effort.  Good luck!

Reply to this Topic
Bigdog365

Feb 09

Bigdog365 says:

Spam, spam, and more fucking spam

If I wanted to buy cheap shite, I 'd go on fleabay.  Please, please, please, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE WANKERS!!!  Maybe then, they'll get the message that they're not wanted here.

Reply to this Topic
late60sbiker

Oct 09

late60sbiker says:

Does the software not allow to toggle off all comments until moderated?

As already suggested, switch off all comments. Plus consider a switch to different software. Check out. ExpressionEngine.

Reply to this Topic
arthurbikemad

Aug 07

Mmm, now I wonder if it has anything to do with the constant sneaky price rise that MCN keeps doing to its readers!!!!  I thought MCN was pro biker!  Not in it to become rich and bleed the biker of his hard earned cash?  Tbh sometimes I read the spam as its more interesting than that of the dribble the chad writes...lol  AND some of the reviews guys I mean!?:( Not all bikes are: awesome, fantastic, razor sharp, lightning fast, mind blowing... I am sure MCN takes a few back handers for a good review but as Mr G would say KEEP IT REAL MAN!

;)

+1 Pro Spam...lol

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices