Skip to content

Discuss This Video: BMW S1000RR vs European rivals First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: BMW S1000RR vs European rivals

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: BMW S1000RR vs European rivals

In February we tested the BMW S1000RR against the Yamaha R1, Honda Fireblade, Suzuki GSX-R1000 and new Kawasaki ZX-10R and it dominated the test. This week we put the BMW up against the Europeans - the Ducati 1198SP, KTM RC8R, Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC and MV Agusta F4 1000R - to see if it can maintain its dominance of the 1000cc sports bike class. brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (31 March 2011 14:50)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DavidHondaCBF

Mar 10

did anyone else think all of them sounded pretty bored and miserable?

Reply to this Topic
pearlyblue

Apr 09

pearlyblue says:

who missed the point??

These machines are the top of the game ,exotic and some,who would,nt love a ride on any??,pesonal choices! you takes your money and ,make's your choice?I think that rider ability would show many of these negative commenters ,hope there ability on a bikes better thasn there comments??especially hondaCBF,get out there enjoy what you've if you dont like,but keep looking in your rear view mirror,I'm sure any of these would give you a fright!.Thanks for a good article,great bikes all of em,

Reply to this Topic
sandmacker

Oct 10

sandmacker says:

Too good

I've used supercorsa 2's.Great tire , and gripped like there's no tomorrow ,but it virtually disolved before my eyes. I simply couldn't afford another set . I've got a hyper bike and I simply can't use the power on the road .At 9000 rpm the bike is flying and I'm not even in the power band yet . They are indeed magnificent bikes , all of them, and anyone would be proud to own one , but these bikes are elite and they cater for the elite rider of which I'm not . The maintenance costs wouldn't be cheap either. I'll admire but in probability never buy and let the elite do their stuff. 

Reply to this Topic
KTMOrange

May 09

KTMOrange says:

It's got willy control???

Reply to this Topic
KTMOrange

May 09

KTMOrange says:

It's got willy control???

Reply to this Topic
twobike

Dec 09

twobike says:

Aprilia After Sales

Great video nice result for me as I am lucky enough to own an Aprilia RSV4F SE APRC. That said I would like to see MCN do a piece on After Sales issues, comparing different manufacturers as I for one, (although I love my Aprilia), think that their After Sales support to Dealer and Customer is absolute crap. Although Aprilia have ditched many Dealers in the UK my guess is many Dealers have ditched Aprilia also. Sad when the bikes are so good. Sort yourselves out Aprilia !!!!

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Noise!!!

Just listen to that Prilla at 04.09 and 04.19.....sexual, i'd buy it for the noise alone!! beautiful..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle