Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Stoner on top in FP1 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Stoner on top in FP1

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Stoner on top in FP1

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner set the fastest time during the first free practice session at Jerez today, continuing the dominating form he showed at the opening round in Qatar. Repsol Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa posted the second fastest time, while fellow team-mate Andrea Dovizioso posted the sixth fastest time before a big crash on his final lap. Dovizioso was able to walk...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 April 2011 10:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thezed111

Feb 11

thezed111 says:

pleased to see rossi up there, but i think his shoulder will start to play its part from here on in, every test, and last race, rossi started strong then faded the next day, by race day his shoulder would be worn out, i hope this isnt the case this week end, would like to see some really good battles, especially if he gets a good start, he is a master of making him self very wide, you dont have to be fastest to win a race, just ask stoner he has been on the recieving end

Reply to this Topic
thezed111

Feb 11

thezed111 says:

i was trying to find that save on you tube, no luck

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Nice one Jamieq999 - I imagine so.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

staying with Toni Elias, he is proof of the relevance of Moto2 to MotoGP - none at all. In fact less than none, he was quick before he spent a year riding a Moto2 bike and getting in bad habits.   

Reply to this Topic
Mikeyy

Oct 10

Mikeyy says:

dont forget Dani recently had shoulder surgery so his doc has probs told him to take it a little easy even though i doubt he has listened as its one of the home gp's for him but i did also notice Dani looking very comfy with his pace Casey will have his work cut out on race day unless Dani does his trademark race tactics

Rossi looks better still not a front runner in my opinion

Cal Crutchlow will have a tough weekend as he kinda has to learn the track

Reply to this Topic
travis73

Jun 07

travis73 says:

wosidig (sp)

Apologies mate wasn't aware I was in the presence of perfection.... Maybe you could on and not be so damning in your criticism....

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Not a one man bike....

This one gets trolled out in the media regularly. "Rossi and his crew want to make a bike that is rideable by more than one man" This sentiment strikes me as being at complete odds to Rossi's very apparent dislike of competitive teammates. There is no altruism involved here. Rossi wants a bike that works for him. He's not out there for any other reason.

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

What they are saying on moto.it

Hi all, just thought I would drop a few links from moto.it which gives an update of Rossi's thoughts after today and then comments from Stoner, Pedrosa, Simoncelli and Lorenzo. Googles english translator not the greatest but still you get the general picture of what they have said...

Rossi article http://www.moto.it/MotoGP/rossi-commento-libere-jerez.html and also here is another pre race interview which is Rossi's take on Qatar and what he expects at jerez http://www.moto.it/MotoGP/rossi-obiettivo-fare-meglio-qatar.html

Other riders general comments http://www.moto.it/MotoGP/i-commenti-dei-piloti-dopo-libere-a-jerez.html

here is another article written after the pre race media conference at Jerez with the riders, it highlights Capirossi and Dovizioso's take on Stoner http://www.moto.it/MotoGP/capirossi-dovizioso-ecco-segreto-di-stoner.html

Hopefully the links automatically go to the english translated version, if they are still in Italian the google translator is at the very top right hand corner of the moto.it website...

Cheers

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Rossi may dislike.

Competitive team-mates but Hayden is just as competitive on the same bike we all know Rossi will beat him but Nicky isn't exactly gonna roll over for him I think in some races he will give his team-mate a run for his money it will be interesting to see what #69 can do on a JB done up bike.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Prediction

Here's mine: Rossi will not stand on a MotoGP podium in 2011.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices