Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Lorenzo wins wet crash fest MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Lorenzo wins wet crash fest

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Lorenzo wins wet crash fest

Reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo has won the Jerez MotoGP in wet conditions by 19 seconds ahead of compatriot Dani Pedrosa in a race which only had 12 finishers. Casey Stoner got the holeshot and pulled away on the first lap, with Jorge Lorenzo in second, but neither rider was able to stop Italian Marco Simoncelli taking the lead and opening up...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (03 April 2011 14:26)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
digby000

Jan 04

digby000 says:

Stoner Rossi

It takes a big man to walk into a pit to apologise, and of course the marshalls helped Rossi, he was trapped under two motorcycles close to a live track. Stoners comments were televised for effect, but they were uncalled for. Valentino Rossi is an ambassador for the sport that Casey Stoner now makes a living from. Accept it, it was purely a racing incident, an unfortunate and very rare mistake from the Doctor!

Cal Crutchlow hit the nail on the head, it is racing not a procession he said!

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Great comments from Stoner, Honda must be well pleased. Loosing face like is what the Japanese love. What a prick.. Rossi looked a lot better on the duke yesterday at Jerez than Stoner ever did at the same track. ps Nostro your a right magnanimous prick. When stoner romps it in the wet your all, sorts the men from the boys level playing field etc, Rossi does it on the duke and it's all yes he might be quick in the wet but he's no good in the dry?? Not that you know for certain. As no one expected him to challenging for the win.. Stoners head is still completely mashed from LS08. It is so good to watch, I've have said it before but what a great race.

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Forgot about that....

Lol..... anybody else see Lorenzo slip into the drink he nearly drowned in last year?? Priceless!!

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

Great race from Lorenzo

Yeah, easy to forget about the race winner because he made it look so easy!

Mature ride and he's turning into a class act, with everyone else sliding off around him...

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

I am still trying to work out what all the fuss is about. The biggest disappointment in all of this is how it has been turned into a circus. To my way of thinking and most reasonable people on here Rossi f’ed up. He then was man enough not just to admit it publicly but also man enough to go in straight after the race and apologise not just to Stoner but the entire garage. Rossi knows he blew a great chance for a win and took out an innocent bystander in the process which is the biggest shame because it was the most entertaining start to a race for a while. I was on the edge of my seat after seeing Rossi’s pace in the warm up this morning. It had all the makings for a Herculean Rossi effort Sunday arvo and it nearly was.

What was said between Stoner and Rossi should of been between Rossi and Stoner. However the circus being the circus that was never going to happen. I am not sure that Stoner should of got on his knees to the great man either though and as for the ambition and talent line. Big f'n deal! To me it was a throw away line. In Aussie parlance it means just that: You f’ed up and in that particular moment it was exactly what happened. Not even Rossi could of pulled that move off in those conditions, end of story. I have watched and re watched it and there is no way that move was going to stick without something going pear shaped, and it did. However given the setting, the history and the hype it was not the smartest thing for Stoner to say… and we have proof again that Stoner is not the most savvy or witty out there, but I think we all knew that! I give him the benefit of the doubt. His only mistake in all of this is that he is not the sharpest guy out there.

I hope we do not have to hear about this for the next four years! It was a racing incident and shit happens. Bring on Portugal…

Reply to this Topic
Cent

Jan 10

Cent says:

First i would like to say what a great race! Not alot has been said about Lroenzo's  victory, did he overtake any one in that race? can't remember seeing him having to do an overtaking manuovre, the bussiness between Rossi and Stoner was an unfortunate incident, in terms of the championship it was a major setback for Stoner, in terms of the race it was clearly a major set back for Rossi who certantly looked the fastest on the track at that stage!. There is a debate about wether that Ducati will improve, personally i dont think it will improve that much, maybe Rossi might drag it to a win this season who knows, Will Ducati go out of thier way to improve it drastically when next season we will be back to 1000cc, i actaully think it will be next season that we will probably see a marked improvement to the bike, also Rossi shoulder will be fully recovered. So i expect to see Rossi/Ducati to seriously challenge next year.

As for Rossi recovering shoulder, speaking from experience i have had surgery on my right shoulder and only 3 month ago on my right elbow, I ride a modest  6ERF and can get lots of pain in that right arm so i can imagine Rossi on a GP motorcycle suffering 10 times more than me! these things take time to heal and riding 2 wheeled machines with 230BHP and the G-forces is nasty! this also applies to Pedrosa. So for any one twho thinks thats going to be thier excuse think again!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hugelean - your stained yellow knickers are blinding you

Do not put words in my mouth. The men from boys call in the wet is not one I've ever made. In circumstances like this he wet becomes a bit of a lottery with only morning warm up to test settings. At one time or another all the top guys have performed and won in the wet. Talent is talent and wet or dry it all comes down to the individuals ability to 'feel' grip. We didn't see anything especially unusual about who came where in this race or even who contended before crashing out or being crashed into.

You quite patently are one of the armchair experts who've only ever experienced this fantastic sport since Rossi times. The slant and weight of of your comment paint you very clearly as one without a clue. What I and every other objective observer can plainly see is Rossi is struggling with the Duke in the dry. If you care to read comments the man himself also says so. You really can't contort this one. Rossi has said how he misses the unruly 500's of old. He has also stated the Desmosedici needs to be ridden a little like a 500. Moral? Be careful what you wish for........

Minty. Rossi lost 30 secs being dragged out of the kitter litter. He was more than a minute behind at the finish. You do the mathematics.

Reply to this Topic
toadhancocks

Oct 10

toadhancocks says:

@MINTYFRESH

Yes mate i clocked that slip on the plastic sheeting what a spanner!! Best replay of the afternoon in my book!!!

Reply to this Topic
toadhancocks

Oct 10

toadhancocks says:

and..........

did anyone notice on the BEEBS coverage that hayden is from spain and and lorenzo australia??? WTF!

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Oh yea... The marshalls..

I must say I do think they acted unprofessionally and Livio Suppo was spot on.

OK Vale was under the bike.. but he only had a foot left under it by the time the marshalls got to him.. there must've been 8 of them.. all tapping him on the shoulder and giving him the "GO GO GO" signs and helping his bike along and all this time nobody was assisting Casey and he was the innocent party in the incident.. Casey had to call the fuckers back to give him a push for christs sake cos they were all watching vale ride off..

OK.. I know Vale's the star.. and a more appealing person all round than Casey.. I believe this to be the reason for the marshalls acting this way.. So.. facts are facts.. these guys all acted unprofessionally and should be brought to task over this blatant favouiritism.. It looked awrful... and if you watch it again I think you'd have to be blind not to see it!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices