Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Lorenzo wins wet crash fest MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Lorenzo wins wet crash fest

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Lorenzo wins wet crash fest

Reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo has won the Jerez MotoGP in wet conditions by 19 seconds ahead of compatriot Dani Pedrosa in a race which only had 12 finishers. Casey Stoner got the holeshot and pulled away on the first lap, with Jorge Lorenzo in second, but neither rider was able to stop Italian Marco Simoncelli taking the lead and opening up...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (03 April 2011 14:26)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Minty Fresh

What a race . Says it all really Nice one.

Clicker 675 . "Club racing or nationals" Figure of speech Mate ,  or any level ...........Racing Incident , up to steam now. Can,t say GP,s cause i ve never done it !!!! unlike many of the posters here.

Have to agree tho Stoners comments were intended for this paticular incident , not  as it came across. Rossi be more pissed off cause he had a chance to win.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Jerez

What can I say ? What a race & congratulations to Jorge Lorenzo.He kept his head & was a true proffesional with nerves of steel.I think luck played a big part in his victory,but he tottaly deserves the win with such a proffestional ride.

Casey - Rossi    Racing insident,It happens & I feel sorry for both riders.Well done Rossi for appology & for Caseys coment,well,can you really blame him ! Looks like Rossi is finding form with the Ducati which is good,lots more entertainment to come.

Ben - Marco    Unlucky,very unlucky.It was that sort of race for a lot of riders but these two riders really showed us they're potential in this race.They're day will come & soon.

Dani - Nicky    Well done,like Lorenzo they kept they're head & cool to arrive on the podium.Dani could take the title this year with a bit of luck.Keep it rubber side down every race & you never now.

P.S.  Marshells were very bias & Casey was so unlucky not to be able to rejoin the race.

Reply to this Topic
slit

Mar 11

slit says:

rossi stoner

I think the 2 guys have a lot of respect for each other, and although now there is the obvious arguing given they are just competing for the best place, I see this as what happened between prost and senna, when prost retired senna did say he was missing him and wished he was back to races. I think CS has problems in articulating exactly what goes through his mind, hence his kind of a bit sarcastic remarks, yet in interviews where he seems more calmed down he seems just ok with what happened and knows VR made a cock up yet was racing. VR at the same time said he went to CS pits right after that and semi-jokingly added he DID keep his helmet on because he knew CS would be furious.

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Oh dear....

"Minty. Rossi lost 30 secs being dragged out of the kitter litter. He was more than a minute behind at the finish. You do the mathematics."

What a dumb ass statement from someone who thinks they are so very clever!!!

Reply to this Topic
nickyb65

Jan 10

nickyb65 says:

Shame Lorenzo won

out of all the riders, we was the last rider I wanted to Win. However, credit when credit is due, he rode a flawless race.

Reply to this Topic
stevecase

Aug 02

stevecase says:

Royal Australian Navy in sneak attack

Yesterday the HMAS Stoner was attacked in a 'neutral' Spanish port by a low flying Italian type VR46 attack fighter. The ship was lost with all hands.

In a later attack a Italian type SM7 attack fighter (thought to be rocket propelled) crashed on Spanish soil with no casualtys other than the pilot.

Silvio Berlusconi speaking for the entire Italian people said 'he's innocent, we're innocent, I'm innocent!', a spokesman for the Australian Government stated ' Bloody itieys, bomb the lot of them!' and the Spanish goverment was out for lunch.

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

Minty

Respectfully my learned friend, you can't say Rossi would have won it by this much or that much if he hadn't crashed. At that pace he may have crashed again or worn the tyres out, as they were wets on a not terribly wet track. No conclusions can be drawn other than Rossi crashed and then finished sixth. Simoncelli had blistering pace but folded in front of Lorenzo, who on this occasion was the guy running the perfect pace to stay in the running and watch the others fall by the wayside.

Rossi's apology was pretty clear showboating - show up with your helmet still on and mumble 'sorry' through your chinguard, what's that all about? Rossi didn't really want to have a discussion with Stoner (that's why he kept the helmet on), he just wanted to be seen going into the garage. Anyway that's my view. If you intend to reply I encourage you not to be too vituperative about it. As for what Stoner said: 'Ambition outweighed your talent" is a pretty common saying in Australia that means "you bit off more than you could chew", which is exactly what Rossi did. I think Stoner's response was very measured in the circumstances.

It is just such a shame that both Stoner and Rossi didn't stay in because in my view it was looking like a superb battle once the tyre factor came into play.

Reply to this Topic
Kegsie

Jun 09

Kegsie says:

Did anyone notice.....

......how, when Stoner was asking Rossi how his shoulder was, he was gripping it like a bear!  I agree with those who say racing incident, that's what it was.  Rossi might have thought about it a little more given the length of the race that there was to run but hey, that's race business and the mist was down.  Well done to all competitors.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hardly my fault Minty

that elementary school level mathematics is beyond your realm of comprehension.

Reply to this Topic
wayofthedarkhand

Apr 11

Just awesome

Awesome race. Even the girlfriend who hates all sport was excited. Back to the F1 snooze fest this weekend. Shame there is a 4 week gap until the next MotoGP

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices