You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > advice for mod 2 test

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

petehw

Mar 11

petehw says:

advice for mod 2 test

Hey all, its probably been asked before but in just looking for a bit of advice on what to expect on the mod 2 test, how long the actual riding part is, what the examiner would class as a minor fault, thanks in advance, this is a cracking forum and im stoaked for getting a motorcycle.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (03 April 2011 17:53)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ctonge

Mar 11

ctonge says:

Keep Calm

Just stay calm and collected. The first couple of minutes are show me/tell me questions, how to check oil, brake lights etc. Plus what might u need to do when carrying pillion passengers. If you cant answer them...its a minor!

The ride was about 35minutes and they did 10mins of independant riding...where the examiner asks you to follow road signs. Dont worry about making the wrong turn, as long as you do it correctly and safely it makes no odds. Then its basic stuff after that, just use the examiner as a sat nav, and ride for yourself. If the gap is big enough for just you, then go for it. Most importantly, plan ahead!

Minor faults are things like braking too soon, forgetting the inital shoulder check before moving off, wrong gear etc. Major faults are mainly, speeding, forgetting your signal and life savers.

Just keep your wits about you, always remember...indicate, life saver, move, indicator off. Thats all i did. But keep a look out for speed signs. You can fail for going too slow as well as too fast. You can be sure he will take you into 20/30/40mph zones.

Just take it easy, ride for yourself and try to enjoy it. The examiners are pretty decent blokes and well understanding. They dont test you on how well you can follow directions, just that you are safe on a bike.

Good luck :smile

Reply to this Topic
kaioxygen

Oct 10

kaioxygen says:

Mod 2

If you passed the Mod 1 you really have nothing to worry about. It's much harder than the Mod 2

Reply to this Topic
yoyo100

May 09

yoyo100 says:

Agree

I agree, Mod 1 was tougher than Mod 2. The first couple of minutes are important, if you are confident and just ride for yourself you can bet the examiner will also relax, if you are a wobbly bag of nerves he'll be looking for you to make a mistake.

The simple answer is to enjoy the ride, ride for yourself and stick to the basics, no fancy road positioning etc, as said, get your obs, signals (including canceling) and speed right and you'll pass with no problems.

Reply to this Topic
petehw

Mar 11

petehw says:

advice for mod 2 test

hey all, just to pass on, i passed my mod 2 test today, only just mind quite a few rider errors, but a pass is a pass and now the learning begins, thanks for the replies, catch ya on the road!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices