Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Bradley Smith claims fantastic fourth MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Bradley Smith claims fantastic fourth

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Bradley Smith claims fantastic fourth

Bradley Smith put up a brilliant podium fight in yesterday's rain-hit Jerez Moto2 race as the British rider continued his outstanding start to the 2011 world championship campaign.The Oxfordshire defied his lack of experience od riding a Moto2 bike in the rain to lead on the first lap after he made an aggressive start from the second row.He was quickly...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 April 2011 10:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Valid Routes

Have to agree with all your points except one Nostro .It seems to me WSBK and Moto2 are valid because there's nowhere else to shop.

Reply to this Topic
JiggyJ

Feb 10

JiggyJ says:

I don't disagree

All points seem valid and well put (makes a change lol). I don't claim to be an expert, just observing.

Richard, absolutely agree (just wasn't thinking lol)... Elias is a bust at the moment and to be honest, he was pretty poor, bar the odd flash of brilliance, last time he was in MotoGP.

I was just thinking about the crop of 125 riders that have burst into Moto2 and are instantly fast... It's hard to imagine them not getting into MotoGP sooner rather than later.

But the WSBK boys all seem to be saying they need more years to mature... maybe they'll try in the next few years and only if the package is right, etc. Then, maybe one at a time (if Tech 3 have a seat), they'll get the chance to go.

Looking at how competetive Moto2 is and the fact that theyre racing under the noses of the MotoGP teams, I think it's more likely that that's where the next generation of MotoGP riders will come from.

I hope I'm soon proved wrong by Johnny Rea and Leon Haslam though :)

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

WSBK riders

I think maybe one of the current crop of wsbk might have been able to do something in MotoGP but left it too long and thats Jonathan Rea but He'll get used to big soft street bikes and struggle on a GP bike . Leon Haslam has been there and had a go , not on a competitive bike I might add . If the lads in WSBK cant beat Biaggi and Checa regularly then theres no way they can compete in GP . If I was looking for a rider for my GP effort I'd be looking at Iannone and Bradl at a push Scott Redding , Takehashi and Jonathan Rea .

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

There's an interview with Melandri

http://superbikeplanet.com/2011/Apr/11040433questions.htm

Basically he's saying beyond tyres and brakes he doesn't see a lot of difference between WSBK and MotoGP. Which echoes my own thoughts over the last two years.

Tyres are of course the big one. Spies got to grips - pun intended - with them well and Crutchlow seems to be coming to terms with the Bridgestone nature. Of course there was that great call by Crutchlow about how he spent all of 2010 on the SBK trying NOT to load the tyres, yet now on the GP bike he's having to work very hard indeed to do the exact opposite.

Yes both Rea and Haslam have to potential to make a good fist of G.P's. Haslams teenage foray into that arena is about as relevant to his career as Mladins time in G.P's were to his.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Relativity

All bikes are relatively similar , I'd say Marco was just selling the product in his statement ;"Actually, Superbikes are getting more and more like MotoGP bikes. The biggest difference is the weight of the bike and the braking; I think everything else is relatively similar and I haven't had any difficulty adjusting." I also notice Marco say "Superbike is more competitive", were that so, why wasn't he winning GPs?.

Reply to this Topic
JiggyJ

Feb 10

JiggyJ says:

That's my point

Richard, you picked 4 Moto2 riders to 1 WSBK rider... kinda my point really.

Anyway, happy days :)

Looking forward to Estoril already... Hopefully Bradley can do it again and Scott can get himself/the bike sorted... Full gas! :)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices