Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner reaction MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner reaction

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner reaction

Valentino Rossi admitted he made a massive mistake after the Italian took out Casey Stoner during a fight for victory in yesterday's captivating Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez.The nine-times world champion had to apologise to Stoner and his factory Honda crew after a mistake under braking at the first corner on lap eight saw both crash out in wet conditions.Rossi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 April 2011 11:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
racman46

Jun 06

racman46 says:

Regret!

I think that there is a good chance those words of Stoner's will come back to haunt him!!.

Reply to this Topic
LEV42

Nov 06

LEV42 says:

VR 'v' CS

Rossi was unbelievable on that Ducati and yes I do own one, though I've never been a Rossi arse licker and never will be. Stoner is a no-nonsense Aussie who showed in the first race he will be a force to be reckoned with on that extremely quick Honda. Lorenzo also got a shift on when Diminutive Danny got close enough to smell the Yam's petrol fumes, so you can't rule out another title for him this season. But...Rossi went in a bit hot and his extensive knowledge and experience plus the amazing speed with which he caught the race leaders, he should have known to just ease up and get Stoner elsewhere on the track. Stoner has the right to moan, his lead is now 20 points in arrears of Lorenzo and it's not often you see 'Boy-Wonder' chuck it away by crashing. I can only hope that it rains again.....and again......and again....if this is what's thrown up.....superb hand-to-hand combat which is why we watch motorcycle racing instead of f*****g F1. Well done to Cal too......you deserved better

Reply to this Topic
R1jon

Jun 10

R1jon says:

Stoners going to win

Stoners going to win the title for a second time on a different bike. The points he lost just makes it a little bit more exciting.

Reply to this Topic
Serjuna

Mar 11

Serjuna says:

littledaddy

good comment.

I agree 100% whith you.

46 is the real racer, and dispite his 9 titles stil angry to race with no fear of loosing to the moaning babies.

others would sit under de shadow oft half his sucess

can't wait to see more hard race from the boss

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

Front enders

Understand completely that Casey was pissed. However ,'Your ambition outweighs your talent' is a bit strong from the king of losing the front-end. I'm not just talking about his Ducati days either - how many times did Stoner cause mayhem in the field by chucking the Honda away in his first encounter with the make?

Reply to this Topic
LAwoman

Jun 10

LAwoman says:

Safety of other riders

Stoner is well out of order here. I am astonished ... http://images.smh.com.au/2011/04/04/2277744/art_casey9-420x0.jpg# He has said the conditions were so bad that he was backing off!? He has seen his fellow riders crashing yet he does this !? Is it me ?!! Why is no one pushing Dorna for an enquiry into Stoner's blatant disregard for the safety of his colleagues? Why bother with rules if Dorna are going to do nothing to stop this sort of thing from bringing the sport into dis-repute !! Such track side distraction has the potential for fatalities especially in the wet conditions of this race. Who is to say what triggered Shoya's tragedy or will trigger the next ... Stoner owes an explanation, not to mention more than one apology in my view. Go Rossi ... what a show :-) Class of your own. Shame there was no victory but just goes to show the potential none the less... had all the makings of another master class in the rain - AKA Donington 2005

Reply to this Topic
weephil12

Apr 11

weephil12 says:

Racing incident

It was a racing incident it has happoened before and will again this season. As for the marshalls helping rossi he was under two bikes stoner was already on his feet any right minded person would help the trapped rider. Typical stoner when the racing gets close he starts to whinge god help him iamgine overtaking in a motorbike race. Did he expect rossi (who was quicker) to sit behind and let  simoncelli and lorenzo take off?

Reply to this Topic
slit

Mar 11

slit says:

some people

on here are really annoying. Like, on what basis is VR an faded ex=champ? What are the actual facts that tell you so? Coz he didn't win last year? When did VR win his last champ and when did CS win his? I think some people here are really just pure haters, they do not support casey or whoever, they're just against VR, and they are desperately hoping that with the magical thinking of VR is an faded ex-champ their wishes will materialize, eh, weskit? I wonder how many times any of you have seen other riders coming back from 12th on grid in the first positions. VR has done it MANY a time, and it's just unbeliavable how consistently he can make up within the first few lasp of a race for his bad qualifying. Anybody who's been seeing motogp in the last 10-15 years knows VR weaknesses: he's a bad starter, and, although he's nailed a LOT of poles, qualifying is not really his strenght. So a faded cham with no motivation is what you have seen at jerez. Well good on you, think whatever you want, time will tell, but jeez what a bunch of gratuitous fucking haters. I bet possibly only Max Biaggi hates VR this much, and biaggi is a big wanker. So, you haters, join the club of wankers, jeez. Now, you fucking haters, VR made a mistake, fair and square, NOBODY is denying that, but, yes, he was so LUCKY that throughout the time he was sliding on the asfalst he kept the friction pulled so as not to switch off the engine, the lucky bastard. And, how would you judge a rider's performance if someone else had done that race, on a new bike, never tried on the wet and notoriously famed the most difficult to ride of the lot? Now, just answer this and let's see whether you can prove you have valid reasons for defyinig VR a faded ex-champ, coz if you don't you prove you're just haters of the worst and most annoying species

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Your thoughts

Rossi has mentioned several times he did not even mean to pass Casey Stoner at the first turn, he simply missed his braking marker. If you watch the replay, not only does Rossi come from waaay back, he lets the brakes off twice(notice by front suspension) and goes to the inside of Casey.

Its over now so i'll not get into it to much, but could Rossi have avoided Stoner by going straight past him ? I think he could have gone up the inside, let the brakes off and at most gone wide and rejoined, but he seemed dead cert on making the corner.

Reply to this Topic
slit

Mar 11

slit says:

Yamaha3358

I thought too VR should have just sucked it up and run wide, even risking to be overtaken by lorenzo if needed. I read somwhere VR saying something about it, can't remeber though exactly what.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices