Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner reaction MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner reaction

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner reaction

Valentino Rossi admitted he made a massive mistake after the Italian took out Casey Stoner during a fight for victory in yesterday's captivating Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez.The nine-times world champion had to apologise to Stoner and his factory Honda crew after a mistake under braking at the first corner on lap eight saw both crash out in wet conditions.Rossi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 April 2011 11:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

Stoner

Bloody hell Valentino, now we have to listen to the petulant, whining Aussie again. Stoner is a good rider but that face, don't you just want to slap it? 

Reply to this Topic
Dan250N

Jun 10

Dan250N says:

marshals

maybe the marshals helped VR as it looked like he was trapped under the bike and was still on the floor, CS was already standing up holding his bike. Any human would help the guy still on the floor...

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Not sure which race you are on about Nostro, Rossi was 1.8 behind Lorenzo in 4th, 2 laps later he was in 3rd on Stoners tale, a second a lap he put into Stoner, he was still in the wrong though no question. The gibbers/stoner thing was doubly painful as the injury finished Gibbers season on v competitive bike and then finished his career..when Stoner took his seat... youch,,, but it was still a racing incident.. Has anyone asked Casey how Rossi happened to be up his arse after only 8 laps...from 12th?, can't be set up because Rossi has to adjust the bike, with no previous experience of those conditions and Casey just rides around issues... bum bum,,,

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

rookie mistakes

Stoner took out Gibernau in his rookie year, it was a rookie mistake. Rossi can and does know better, but consistently demonstrates a willingness to risk taking other people out which is ultimately inexcusable. A faded ex-champion unable to come to terms with his own decline and becoming increasingly desperate.

Reply to this Topic
Drzee

Apr 10

Drzee says:

It was obviously Rossi's fault that he took out Stoner, he went in too hot and couldn't get round the corner without crashing and takeing Stoner with him, I'm sure Rossi wouldn't have apologised if he didn't think it was his fault.

Say what you want about Stoner, but he adds to the racing and could have done well, even won if his tyres were in better nick than everyone elses.  Stoner's reaction to Rossi was mild give that he is a racer, I'm sure a lot on this forum would have lost it given how easily they get wound up on a forum!

Sure adds spice, roll on the next race.

Cheers

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Surprised everyone focusing purely on the negative, thought it was interesting that Rossi was also able to fly on the duke in wet conditions. 12th place start killed him. First or 2nd row and I reckon the race would have been over by lap 5. Get away early and maintain pace watch the others fall over themselves trying to catch up. Lot to be said for that technique from Casey in the right circumstances, could have walked it, valuable lessons these and expect Rossi to make the most next time. Does explain why Casey always looked a second a lap quicker than everyone else in the wet but not on the honda....interesting stuff.. Rossi now needs to get the bike to do that in the dry, according to JB that's not going to be easy.....

Reply to this Topic
Foxxie

Jun 10

Foxxie says:

Typical Rossi Fan Blurb

it really annoys me how much the Rossi "fans" will defend him when he makes an error, yet when someone nerfs him off it is catastrophic, the other guy should never be allowed to race again blah, blah! Get a grip Rossi fans, he made a mistake, live with it, accept the rap & move on! Most of teh Rossi fans are annoyed that he has not jumped on the Duke & won - i seem to recall that someone else did that though, who was that? If everyone enjoyed motorcycle racing for what it is then every race would be enjoyed for that. But some people can only see one winner, if he does not win it is all unfair & the dummy comes out. 

Reply to this Topic
Tybo

Apr 11

Tybo says:

Rossi vs Stoner

It was the most stupid "attack" that Rossi could ever have made. I don't mind if Lorenzo, Stoner, Spies, Crutchlow, Simoncelli or Rossi win. And in that order. I have read most of the comments and cannot understand the assuredness of some of the opinions? FACT is that, at least 5 Marshalls pushed Rossi, while no-one helped Stoner. It really was, simply put, unprofessional! They need to be sanctioned and "help" should be standardised. Just an opinion from SA. BTW, this weekend really f**ked up my Fantasy GP. Hell......

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Do you read the articles Hugelean

before you spout your radiation radiating from Rossi's rectum rubbish?

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Oh agree I'm a huge Val fan, - just observing that he has a lot of luck almost all the time. Also knocking Stoner off could well have changed the eventual outcome of the title, time will tell. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices