Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner reaction MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner reaction

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner reaction

Valentino Rossi admitted he made a massive mistake after the Italian took out Casey Stoner during a fight for victory in yesterday's captivating Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez.The nine-times world champion had to apologise to Stoner and his factory Honda crew after a mistake under braking at the first corner on lap eight saw both crash out in wet conditions.Rossi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 April 2011 11:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
WLF2001

Mar 11

WLF2001 says:

Littledaddy

Great comments, especially your'e earlier one. A lot of people seem to forget its called racing, and when people (Rossi is human) are riding a 200 plus HP machine, in the wet, incidents can happen. Racing is not about being nice to each other, its about being ruthless and taking chances, sometimes you get away with it, sometimes not. Any of the countless crashers could have took out someone else, but somehow because it was Rossi he should have known better, or it was deliberate. People are also saying its not the first time, considering he has been in Grand Prix racing for over a decade I don't think his record is to bad. With regards to being a washed up has been, I think thats a little premature, until the MISTAKE he didnt exactly look out of his depth.

Reply to this Topic
travis73

Jun 07

travis73 says:

Rumours

I heard this was a deliberate crash from VR cause Casey slept with Uccio and Vale is jealous.

Just thought i would follow the stanards of some of the crap on here...

It happened. It probably shouldnt have, but it did. As Casey has said "it was a racing incidient." Get over it, move on. But remember you're talking about 2 of the top 3 in the world... Neither are mugs and both deserve respect whether you like them as people or not. (Even if you've never met them and therefor have no basis on which to make your judgement...)

Reply to this Topic
Foxxie

Jun 10

Foxxie says:

LAwoman

Typical Rossi fan - everyone else gets it wrong only VR exists! So, you are honestly saying that Rossi has never made a sarcastic remark or gesture to anyone else?

Reply to this Topic
happykwak

Jan 09

happykwak says:

Rossi isnt God !!

Why oh why is it that Rossi is such a God to some people ?

Especially  you Guys at MCN ! Front page news the other week,Rossi's bike isnt working ! WOW how about putting on the front page that CASEY STONER won the GP ! Is that to much to ask ?

No wonder the poor bloke feels down trodden,no matter what he achieves he is always second to Rossi,even when he beats him !!

The cameras follow Rossi round the Tracks even when he's nowhere ! I appreciate that he is a massive talent and is undoubtably gifted but for christs sake give credit where credits due.

As time goes by other riders will come to the fore,every rider wants to beat Rossi so give them some applause when they do,especially without cheating and punting others off the track !!

Reply to this Topic
jsaccessories

Apr 11

I can understand Stoner's anger at the collision; of course, it's a race and when he's taken out of it due to the fault of another rider, it's bound to be frustrating. There's not much that can be done in wet conditions such as these as incidents are bound to take place, but at least everyone was safe at the end of it all, which is the most important thing to remember, (as emphasised in this linked article about wearing the proper motorcycle jacket).

I don't think the marshals can be blamed to attending to Rossi first, after all, he was the one trapped between both bikes, but I'm sure it's something which Stoner will dwell on for a while!

Reply to this Topic
bobr13

Aug 06

bobr13 says:

I agree with Slit

I'm a Stoner fan, but agree never said to the Rossi. After all, 9 times world champions.

Reply to this Topic
WLF2001

Mar 11

WLF2001 says:

happykwak

Agreed, Rossi isn't God, but he's hardly a "cheat" either. All sports have rules and regulations and I'm sure had Rossi broke one of these he would be disciplined. Racing incident, accident, mistake or cock up, yes. Cheating, a touch strong IMO. What it has done is add some excitement and spice to what seems to be brewing into a great season.

Reply to this Topic
johnyrottin

Oct 05

johnyrottin says:

Stoner and Rossi

I liked Stoner when he was on Honda.  Liked him when he went Duc.  Still like him on Honda #2.  Having said that I also like Rossi.  Not biased towards either really (Go Big Ben!)  Racing involves accidents and I am 100% certain that Rossi did not take Stoner out intentionally.  Racing involves close quarters touching and rubbing is racing.  I am sure, even though Casey is upset, he understands that.  He is understandably upset.  Yes.  However, nothing says that Stoner, knowing Rossi was closing strongly, couldn't have braked far earlier, leaving Rossi with a pass and accident and Stoner riding on.  I am not saying that he should have done this, merely stating an optional strategy that could have been taken and was not.  To blame another when you had options in a sport when everyone is fighting for positioning is poor.  He did not weigh all options and execute one suitable for the situation.  He had an out and made a choice not to take it.  Having said that I am disappointed that Rossi took himself and another rider out.  I do believe those two will present some stellar racing this year...that is as long as tehy stay in the race!

Reply to this Topic
cwmdufarm

Jan 09

cwmdufarm says:

Stoner vs. rossi

My opinion has changed dramatically over the last two seasons of casey stoner. i used to hate him, probably because he was rossis biggest rival. but since reading this months article in BIKE magazine he is a nice guy, very down to earth. my opinion has changed as he used to wrestle that ducati like no other!! and since going to honda has shown what he can do when he is given the oportunity. rossi now comes across to me as playing up to the cameras too much since going to ducati. the appology to stoner was very staged and this is probably why stoner was even more pissed off.

Rossi is obviously my idol but this showman act doesnt suit him. just put in fantastic passes, brilliant wins and not all the camera rubbish. stoner has really gained my respect as a rider. i recomend you read the article. it might change some more opinions of him.

Reply to this Topic
DBF80

Aug 10

DBF80 says:

Staged apology

Was the apology staged? I think Rossi was genuine in his apology and given his status the cameras will follow him everywhere.

I'm not sure how the camera access rights work but I'll assume that Rossi is not the one with the say when it comes to camera access to the HRC garage.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle