Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi, Stoner crash to be investigated by MotoGP Race Direction MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi, Stoner crash to be investigated by MotoGP Race Direction

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Rossi, Stoner crash to be investigated by MotoGP Race Direction

MotoGP Race Direction have announced that they will hold a hearing to discuss the crash that saw Valentino Rossi collide with Casey Stoner on lap eight of the Jerez race last weekend. Following the crash there was huge controversy over the way in which the track side marshals dealt with the incident and their treatment of Rossi and Stoner as they...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 April 2011 17:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shamone46

May 08

shamone46 says:

Hmmmm

I think they have to exchange insurance info

Reply to this Topic
WLF2001

Mar 11

WLF2001 says:

Rossi will be charged with leaving the scene of an accident

Reply to this Topic
airdy1

Jul 05

airdy1 says:

crash

here we go lets ban all overtaking follow each other round for 25 laps just like F1 this is what makes bike racing fantastic ps stoner is a moaning tw@t who needs a personality transplant

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Airdy

Im not going to get into the slagging off of either rider. Too much of that gets done on here when most that comment wouldn't have the faintest idea of how good all of these guys actually are.

Rossi held his hands up, said he made a mistake and out broke himself, but didnt have anywhere to go. It was either go up Stoners arse, or go for the gap. Unfortunately the front tucked, something Stoner should now all about and just accept it was a mistake, after all, he was well accustomed to that when he was riding the Duke. Of course Stoner will be pissed off, but, in the light of things, they are all on, or close to the limit, and these things happen.

I dont think this investigation is looking at what happened with the riders, but more about the actions of the marshals, and the help Rossi recieved compared to Stoner....... But no marshal can be in two places at once.

Just another load of bollocks over what was, just a mistake, and a racing incident.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

hang on!

is this another case of MCN hyperbole clouding the actual story here?  are the FIM (i) going to investigate the crash itself, (ii) investigate the response of the trackside marshalls after the crash or (iii) both of the above.  i suspect that it's only point (ii) reading less sensational and less ambiguous articles elsewhere ... and in any case, it was a racing incident that neither rider have to answer for.

Reply to this Topic
rmbridge

May 06

rmbridge says:

Racing incident

Move on....  I did laugh when Rossi went in to apologise to Stoner though.  Noticed he kept his lid on in case Stoner clocked him one!

Reply to this Topic
Mikeyy

Oct 10

Mikeyy says:

OMG

Theres no need for an investigation it was a racing incident as we all know these things happen just so happens its between the 2 most talked about riders. Rossi was sporting enough to go and say sorry and Stoner accepted with a cheeky comment end of story i cant undertand why MotoGP race direction have to make an even bigger deal out of what already is big enough with out them getting envolved.

Reply to this Topic
kennymccor

Jan 11

kennymccor says:

help

well if i was a track marshal i wouldnt really think twice who am i gonna help :D.....and i like the way Stoner likes to think he is a better rider....and yet its 1 world title against 9...and if der wasnt for rossi honda and yamaha wouldnt be nowher near wher they are today...so Stoner should pick up his broken piece of sh*t of the ground, push it to the pits himself and shut the f*ck up....:D

Reply to this Topic
cwmdufarm

Jan 09

cwmdufarm says:

Get a grip!!!

this is the most idiotic thing i have ever heard. its not bloody football where they investigate every tiny matter!!! its a racing incident, they didnt investigate when rossi shoved gibernau off the track or many other "incidents" that have happened.

just forget it!!!!!!!    "this is racing"

Reply to this Topic
iangsxr

Nov 02

iangsxr says:

Rossi v Stoner.

A good over-taking manouver gone wrong....ho hum.

Nothing much was said about the Cluzel v Marquez incident was there....out-braking/missing braking etc.

Tis racing IMO.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices