Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi, Stoner crash to be investigated by MotoGP Race Direction MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi, Stoner crash to be investigated by MotoGP Race Direction

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Rossi, Stoner crash to be investigated by MotoGP Race Direction

MotoGP Race Direction have announced that they will hold a hearing to discuss the crash that saw Valentino Rossi collide with Casey Stoner on lap eight of the Jerez race last weekend. Following the crash there was huge controversy over the way in which the track side marshals dealt with the incident and their treatment of Rossi and Stoner as they...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 April 2011 17:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Why would they do this? unless someone has been stirring things up in the background.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

This one incident.

Will make this a very heated rivalry like the Rossi v Gibernau one.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

From another angle: www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYNe6VzhNo0 Stoner got just as much help. Blow out of proportion

Reply to this Topic
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

Not Investigating Rossi/Stoner

The FIM are NOT investigating the crash in any way, only the aftermath with the marshals. Just not very clearly put by Mr Guy.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

only...

Honda will have complained won't they.

They've been trying to get one over on rossi since he leftin 2003.

I don't think stoner would push it this far, but im 99% certain honda would.

Still, nothing will come of it, Vale has the clerk of the course in his pocket  ;-)

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Fair enough

I think its fair enough to have an investigation into the incident.

Hopefully it will finally dispel any criticism of the marshals.

Rossi was in front when he fell, and was pinned under two bikes so they were correct to see to him first.

If Stoner was angry at not getting going again then he should take it up with Honda for making a bike which seems to be difficult to get restarted after a crash.

Other than that it was a rash move by Rossi and Stoner was right, it was over ambitious.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

hey...

@ laughing gas

Very good positioning, and how much more of a story that angle tells.

I hope the race directors get that angle too.

Also proves stoner just decided to have a moan...lmao...

What's new there...

Reply to this Topic
JiggyJ

Feb 10

JiggyJ says:

I can't believe this

Last year there was a death and race direction were VERY quick to say they'd done everything right... No further investigation.

This year there' a fairly insignificant crash and there's a complaint because points were lost.... Then after a couple of days have passed, race direction feel the need to investigate further????

It was only points!!! Get the priorities right!!!

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Yaaaawwwwnnnnn

Rossi said sorry, I thought Stoner accepted it with a joke about ambition outweighing ability and then said "no problem".

Can that not be the end of it? He said "no problem", although there are those who hear and see only what they want to.

It was a joke, and he (Stoner) seemed very magnanimous to me.

Think. Could it not also be said that Simoncelli, Bens Pies, Cal C, RDP, and all the other crashers` had excess ambition compared to ability? Well, they crashed didn`t they?

It was a joke. 

He (CS) was shown putting the thumbs up and smiling, and unless I`m shown different I believe this is a non story.

Lots of digs here about F1, but anyone who watches any racing will know that if a guy  DNF`s through getting involved with someone else's accident, he will accept it as a part of racing. 
Over his career it will hopefully even out. That is, a fella will be the victim and the miscreant roughly even steven.

Non story fellas. 
Sorry. 
Nothing to see here. 
Move along.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Race direction

They are looking at the MARSHALLING not the insignificant crash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices