Skip to content

Ask an Expert bridgestone bt45's or.....? Tyres

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > bridgestone bt45's or.....?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

madmartin400

Mar 11

madmartin400 says:

bridgestone bt45's or.....?

I need a new set of tyres on a '92 cb 400 i have always used bridgestone bt45's and want to know if there are any others to fit (front 110-70/17 and rear 140-70/17) that provide the save level of grip but last longer i dont use this bike on the track but for everything else and cant really afford new tyres so often, i get 4 months from the rear one.

or do i need to change my riding style?

:blink:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 April 2011 17:57)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

pain

in the neck,you don`t answer replies,you don`t read other posts, read about tyres  and find BT023`s are reccomended,give us all a break.According to us your bike isn`t running yet.

Reply to this Topic
madmartin400

Mar 11

madmartin400 says:

when

have i said it isn't running all i said is that i wont start sometimes. i dont answer replies cos i dont own a computer and have to go to library to use one or borrow neighbors laptop.

Reply to this Topic
Kozak

Oct 07

Kozak says:

try Dunlop or Avon for a change

Hi - I like the BT45s but agree with you the rear does not last long - after about 4000 miles the central line gets worn away. As an alternative for my 2nd GPz550 I got a Dunlop GT501, similar price to BT45

http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tirecatalog_tire.asp?id=8

which after 4000 miles still has plenty tread left - there is no central groove which is where the BT45 gets worn out, and this is as good handling as the BT45 and even in the wet.

Another choice is Avon Roadrider which is cheaper, handling in the dry as good as the 45 and 501, only a few times when leant over in the wet accelerating it slipped where the other 2 had never had on the same road same conditions but the rear lasts over 6000 miles, and I just adjust my riding in the wet and been fine

http://www.avon-tyres.co.uk/motorcycle/roadrider

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices