Skip to content

Discuss This Moto Guzzi Stelvio first ride: "Very easy and relaxing to ride" First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Moto Guzzi Stelvio first ride: "Very easy and relaxing to ride"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Moto Guzzi Stelvio first ride: "Very easy and relaxing to ride"

Moto Guzzi is celebrating it’s 90th birthday with two new Moto Guzzi Stelvio Adventure bikes and a revised Moto Guzzi Norge Tourer. Michael Neeves, Senior Road Tester, has ridden both Stelvios this morning, the £10,549 Stelvio 1200 8V and the £11,749 Stelvio NTX full on adventure version. Find a Moto Guzzi for sale “Both bikes have received extensive modifications including a revised...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (06 April 2011 12:24)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jonnyconcrete

Oct 05

reminds me of a yahama tdm 900 looks wise

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

"Very easy and relaxing to ride"

After buying a Norge two years ago I was struck by the title of this short update. "Very easy and relaxing to ride" is it exactly. I no longer care to straif the motorways or attack mountain passes with wild abandon, even though the Norge is very will to take it up a notch or two. It motors along with such grace that I just rather kick back and enjoy the ride and the vistas. I've also found that the Guzzi community is a great bunch and pretty tight knit.

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

Cracking looking bike, all credit to guzzi for modernising it. The main selling point for me is the 32 litre fuel tank meaning it probably goes to the moon and back on a tankful.

Reply to this Topic
Plumpton

Jan 11

Plumpton says:

Oil?

Have they sorted the oil leaks though? I've had a new 2007 1200 sport and then a 2008 Stelvio. Both kept leaking oil. The main seal at the back of the engine went on my Stelvio and after that I turned away from the brand. Not reliable enough for me. And yes I was getting a known main dealer to maintain my Guzzi's.

Reply to this Topic
loftyjohn

Jun 07

loftyjohn says:

stelvio

Well I hope they have finally sorted the niggles out 'cause the 08 model I had suffered from the lot.

I felt cheated by guzzi, not everyone wants to be the same,owning a GS  and the Stevio rides like a viable alternative, In fact I loved every minute of my 13k mile 2 year ownership. But when the warranty expired so did my relationship with Guzzi.

A truely great bike to ride shame it was product tested on the buying public: would I buy another Guzzi? NO! not even any one of the Piaggio group.

I own a Triumph now 12 months 71/2K the dealer don't no me from Adam, that's how I like it. The only niggle is the price of fuel.

Reply to this Topic
TheReg

Jul 12

TheReg says:

Only had mine (2013) for 6 months and 5000 K's....enjoying the comfort and handling very much....no problems so far except for a smear of fork oil escaping from the RH fork leg. Great to ride at pace in the mountains of Victoria (Aust). I hear what a couple of you have said and I certainly hope not to have any major issues.....

GS BMW's are like 'A***holes in OZ, so it's good to be 'different' and the Stelvio always attracts attention amongst other riders. At $10K (Aus) less than the GS, I guess I can afford a couple of minor flaws if they eventuate. Actually, I rode the new GS and wasn 't overly impressed, plenty of power, yes, but still has a very 'agricultural' feel to the gearbox (I have owned a number of BM's over the years, so I can compare) ....I hear they are having (chinese made?) Gearbox Issues???

The Stelvio (unlike older Guzzi's) has a great gearbox! Good Brakes and Suspension.

Time will tell of course, but so far I am very happy with the Stelvio.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices