Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Casey Stoner applauds Valentino Rossi after Jerez drama MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Video: Casey Stoner applauds Valentino Rossi after Jerez drama

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Video: Casey Stoner applauds Valentino Rossi after Jerez drama

This is the moment Casey Stoner sarcastically applauded MotoGP rival Valentino Rossi after the Australian was forced out of last weekend's Spanish Grand Prix in Jerez.The footage was shot from the inside of the first corner at the start of the lap nine, just moments after the Aussie had been the innocent victim of a mistake under braking by nine-times...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 April 2011 11:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mikeyy

Oct 10

Mikeyy says:

It hasnt real bothered me but this Clothes Selling shit is now really starting to piss me off MCN need to sort it out or atleast monitor the comments at the end of each day and remove the advertising.

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

THE VERY BEST OUTCOME SO FAR...

IS THAT ALL THE STONER FANS ARE SPITTING FEATHERS. LMAO. It has to be the highlight of this year so far. Those who slag Rossi off on hear really are a minority. In the real world any racing fan will tell you his career will never be beat. Stoner is fast, competitive and good cannon fodder but his name will never represent his country like Mick Doohan the legend. People will only remember Stoners outbursts and now this clapping stunt too. It's just been another chance to push the self destruct button in front of the fans and world media. And be says he hates the media?!??!??!?:shock:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RubbuR

Apr 11

RubbuR says:

Case(y) closed.

Stoner won't win the title this year. This mental blow from Rossi + the lenghty break till Estoril will screw up his newfound Honda pace and consistency. Lorenzo probably walks away with the title (imagine his ego growing anoyingly big...)

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Along with the comment he made in the garage this goes to show how childish he can be.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

JL perfect start.

As much as I hate to say that a podium followed by a win if he carries that sort of form then he retains the title and that will be a massive blow to Honda as this is the final season of the 800s.

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Honda will buy the title this year...

Its that simple. Stoner will win again and so will Pedrosa, but ultimately Honda will buy the submission of the other teams. Rossi screwed that up a bit for them but they will lift the 'cup' come year end. 

I couldn't give a crap because they won't gain any respect for it. Nobody cares about anything now but the 1000cc era to begin a fresh.:wink:

Reply to this Topic
yamman46

Apr 11

yamman46 says:

Arogant Stoner

To be honest with you i do (Did) like stoner but the guy can be such a twat.... You could clearly see stoner standing next to his bike...and rossi under his...let me think who needs help...and as for stoners twatish behaviour applauding rossi is damn right out of f***ing order....The guy needs to grow up....if i was rossi and after apoligising like he did ( takes a lot to apoligise that you made a mistake) I would have butted stoner in the fecking head if i was rossi....but then again rossi is the best sportsmen out there...all ways happy for the camera whatever the outcome...

Reply to this Topic
bobr13

Aug 06

bobr13 says:

I like Stoner

Casey Stoner bashing rear it's head again. There to win not lose.

Reply to this Topic
RichieRotten

Oct 05

RichieRotten says:

Rossi was at fault

Childish or not would you like someone to out brake themselves and knock you off? Sure as hell I would be pissed off especially if I had given them enough room to drive an HGV through. I understand why Casey had an attitude so would of I.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Super Mario - you must have a face like a half sucked disprin

such is your bitterness.

Try to take a leaf out of RDB's book. He's well on the  reformation path now having had a seminal moment some time back where he actually realised Stoner's true talent was at least the equal of Rossi's. In his old KawaBiker incarnation days he was a shocker. O.K RDB doesn't actually like Stoner - that I have no problem accepting, even if it's based on nothing deeper than media sound bites. But at least he can comment on events with some degree of pragmatism / realism now. Or maybe it's just the medication RDB?

It's odd. You Stoner haters have so much hate, yet obviously little competitive aggression, which is why you've never ventured beyond your armchairs. I back all of Stoner's actions towards Rossi - gestures and words (the marshalling thing is a side issue to which I'm more ambivalent) 100%. I would be seething if a competitor that took me out remounts and gathers points. If the boot was on the other foot. Stoner on Rossi, or Lorenzo on Pedrosa - same opinion. A sarcastic gesture and words are the perfect way to vent the spleen and move on. RDB realises this. why can't you S-M?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle