Skip to content

Discuss This McGuinness to start number one at TT TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > McGuinness to start number one at TT

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN Sportsdesk  says:

McGuinness to start number one at TT

Fifteen time TT race winner John McGuinness has confirmed that he will be the first rider away on Glencrutchery Road. He will take the prestigious number one slot in all five solo races.McGuinness will be competing for the new Honda TT Legends team in the two Superbike races and the Superstock race and the Padgetts Honda outfit for the two...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 April 2011 11:30)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
marktt04

May 10

marktt04 says:

some more info from TT Website....www.iomtt.com

Bol d’Or winner Guillame Dietrich will make his Mountain course debut at the 2011 Isle of Man TT fuelled by Monster Energy.

The 28-year-old World Endurance Championship regular will join Guy Martin in the Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing team in all three 1000cc events, the Dainese Superbike, Royal London 360 Superstock and PokerStars Senior Races

Dietrich’s entry to the TT is a major coup for the TT. The German-born French ace has ridden for the factory Suzuki World Endurance Championship team since 2002 winning the Le Mans 24-Hour race twice, in 2007 and 2008, and the Bol d’Or 24 Hour event last year.

In addition, he has been on the podium at those events eight times, also chalking up victory at the 6 Hours of Albacete and second place at the Spa 24 Hours.

Dietrich said:

“I’m very happy to ride in the TT races and for the Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing team.”

“I’m a big fan of this race and of this team. My team mate is a big star and I hope to learn a lot. For my career it's a big corner and I’m excited about it.”

Dietrich started racing in 1997 and went on to win the French 125cc Aprilia Cup in 2000 and the 250cc version a year later, with victory in all seven championship rounds that year. That earned him a spot with Equipe de France, the French federation’s official 250cc team which had previously run the likes of Olivier Jacque and Regis Laconi. He took third in the 250cc French Championship in 2001, when he also made his Grand Prix debut.

A year later Dietrich moved onto the four-strokes and it is here he has enjoyed most success. As well as World Endurance Championship achievements, Dietrich is a double champion in both French Superbike (2007 and 2008) and Stocksport (2005 and 2006).

He also achieved notable success as a World Superbike wild card entrant at Magny Cours, finishing in 15th and 13th in the two races in 2007.

TT and Motorsport Development Manager Paul Phillips said:

“This is a really significant step in the development of the TT Races.”

“Guillaume is a really talented international rider with a proven record of success across a number of credible disciplines and races. As well as being a potential front-runner in years to come, he will also hugely assist us in boosting interest in France as well as further grow the international profile of the event.”

Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing team boss Philip Neill added:

“We are delighted to be running Guillaume at the 2011 TT Races.”

“We believe that he has the talent to enjoy a really successful road racing career and are confident that he will perform well on the Isle of Man.”

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

thats a long ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

yawn!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

better than gp's

iv always thought its so exciting having all that racing in one week, where as gp's we wait too long between rounds, iv never seen a tt yet and thought this is boring to be honest, plus weve had so many brots do well there, id love to see the goat try bust his ball on the mountian section  on clocked timing!!!?????still be fast im sure tho with all respect to him,.

Reply to this Topic
blzebub

Aug 09

blzebub says:

Can't wait for TT week these guys really are the bravest of the brave,  the on board footage is mind blowing,  I wish them  all the very best of luck and pray for the safety of one and all.

Reply to this Topic
mattyamaha

May 10

mattyamaha says:

scary stuff

the TT is some scary stuff    just from watching it  let alone riding there  

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Place your bets

Which entrant(s) will be killed this year?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Well that's simply moronic rlf3

I've known guys that haven't come back off the Island.

Reply to this Topic
Short173

Apr 11

Short173 says:

rlf3......................keep your comments like that to youself!!!!!!!

tosser!

Reply to this Topic
mobileenoph

Jun 07

mobileenoph says:

rlf3

YOUR FOOKIN SICK..................ARSEHOLE

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale