Skip to content

Discuss This KTM 525 EXC: now Roland Sands has the best bikes AND customers Custom & modified bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Custom & modified bikes > KTM 525 EXC: now Roland Sands has the best bikes AND customers

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

KTM 525 EXC: now Roland Sands has the best bikes AND customers

This is Roland Sands’ latest take on his ‘cafe-moto’ theme, just picked up by its delighted new owner. And a lovely pair they make. Roland, we hate you. About the bike“Happiness comes in many forms and today it comes in the color of a beautiful ripe California grown tangerine. What started out as a rough build has been molded into...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 April 2011 17:13)

Post a message in Custom & modified bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

Not Again !

Ive said it before , and i'll say it again.  Roland Sands is a predictable hack !  Every bike he butchers looks the same...........

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

I've seen Roland Sands a few times on Biker build off type programmes and he always comes across as a total prick. He never seems to do much of the mechanical work, it's always the beards who work for him/his dad who do the spannering, he just seems to be there for the amusement factor, either wrecking something or doing a burnout or crashing a car or setting fire to something, behaving like a spoilt brat really.  

Reply to this Topic
rgvyan

Feb 08

rgvyan says:

@tockie

Met him at Goodwood a few years ago an can confirm that how he comes off in Biker build off is accurate. Another shining example of 'its not what you know...' He does have some interesting ideas, like his race bikes based on crossers, but most of them are badly executed in the most fundmental ways. His various attempts to cash in on the cafe band wagon (like this one) are so wide of the mark it's ridiculous. There are far better custom builders out there who have talent without daddy's wallet behind them. Don't see why he gets the column inches to be honest.

Reply to this Topic
corserrep

Nov 09

corserrep says:

Childish comments...

Roland, we hate you.

“Lucky girl….and if you ask us, lucky bike too.”

Is it just me or do MCN features now sound as if they are written by a prepubescent teenager?

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

What a joke, shorter forks and  a stubby rear end don't make a EXC into a decent Cafe racer. I truly hope that isn' the OE EXC rear shock and spring, tuned for off road use and by no means optimised for road use. Looks like a lazy conversion to me, would have been better off fitting Super Moto wheels to the bike and leaving it that way. By the way the 525 is actually 510cc, as is the 530EXC.

Reply to this Topic
bleep

Jan 10

bleep says:

Come On!

For God's sake do you people know what riding bikes is all about??? This is a shining example of where to go for lightweight, torquey, agile mountain road brilliance. It looks good too. Forget your multicylinder megaweights, a light bike is so much more fun on a twisty road, a single means you hardly ever have to bother changing gear or use the brakes hard, just lean in, ride on the throttle and enjoy. The simplest pleasures are the best. Everything else just complicates things. Of course, you have to live near a winding hill road. Luckily I do. Just stay off the motorways. I love it. The girl ain't half bad either.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Roland Sands ?

Roland Rat  more like! Just look at it , it's just like the bike your mate built years ago in his garage, with no real aim.

Reply to this Topic
cmc1

May 08

cmc1 says:

It looks good

The bike looks good. I used to own a 525exc (supermoto) and was covnerted to 570cc. It was a bit of a fire breather upto 60mph but after that cb500's would cream you on the straights. RS does do some pretty good stuff with the Harleys and has some great ideas but I'm not sure where this bike would work?  It's all about the styling at the moment, lets face it, if this bike was parked out your local 'biker' cafe the hypercolour leatherclad army would flock round it for butchers before jumping on their 60 plate R1's to rush home for another coat of Zymol. I'm having second thoughts now. My 525 was the only bike bike I could ride to it's limits and was the bike I had most fun on, maybe this would be the same? how many people can ride the R1's and fireblades to the limit on public roads?? A guaranteed Zero.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices