Skip to content

Discuss This TT races in Birmingham? North Circular GP? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > TT races in Birmingham? North Circular GP?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

TT races in Birmingham? North Circular GP?

Transport minister Mike Penning has announced a consultation document which, if passed as law, would allow councils to hold bike (or car) races on public roads. This would bring mainland UK in line with Northern Ireland, where the councils arrange all manner of commendably unhinged road races. Penning said: "There is a huge following for motor sports in this country and yet...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 April 2011 17:46)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kwak12r

Apr 11

kwak12r says:

TT races in Birmingham?

Could the fantastic Birmingham Superprix be reborn as a two wheeled road race????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_Superprix

One can only dream......

Kwak12r

Reply to this Topic
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

Devon Delights

There are some potentially very nice loops in Devon. I could also act as a huge boost top the Tourist industry. As a Cumbrian who grew up in the lakes they could provide the most spectacular event ever.

Reply to this Topic
shanghaisharpy

Aug 06

Lakes TT?

Definitely a Lake District TT in Cumbria. Haven't thought about the full route, but the Kirkstone Pass road would be a good challenge.

Reply to this Topic
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

Lakes TT Route 1

Keswick, down pass Derwent Water, Up to Winlatter, down into Crummock, Buttermere, Lowes Water, back to the A66 near Cockermouth and a very high speed run to Bassentwaite, Old Road part of the Dual Carrageway back into Keswick. Could be run either direction.

Reply to this Topic
mrnutt

Dec 10

mrnutt says:

Lakes TT

If you in the lakes, the Hardknott and Wrynose passes have to be included! a challenge at the best of times let alone racing!

Reply to this Topic
JamesQGM

Feb 10

JamesQGM says:

Lincolnshire

B1183. Boston to Horncastle. Then up past Cadwell to Louth.

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

NORTHWEST 200

I do not think so as it is the highest attended pure roads race on the calendar. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
cairnspj

Apr 09

cairnspj says:

hire a bloody proof reader

I assume you mean Northern Ireland, not Island.

MCN has the highest rate of typo errors of any publication I've ever read. Hire a proof reader please.

That aside, I'd love to see road racing in England. I used to go to the NW200 every year when I was growing up, brilliant memories.

I think a 4-5 mile route would work best with proper racing not rally style, time trials. I bet you could build a route around a new-town style project, or would that defeat the point?

Reply to this Topic
numb fingers

Aug 02

numb fingers says:

what about skelmersdale, they have some of the best urban roads, massive roundabouts, long straights, loads of corners why go anywhere else

Reply to this Topic
NathanCBR

Mar 11

NathanCBR says:

It Should be.....

At Cheltenham :D

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN