Skip to content

Discuss This TT races in Birmingham? North Circular GP? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > TT races in Birmingham? North Circular GP?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

TT races in Birmingham? North Circular GP?

Transport minister Mike Penning has announced a consultation document which, if passed as law, would allow councils to hold bike (or car) races on public roads. This would bring mainland UK in line with Northern Ireland, where the councils arrange all manner of commendably unhinged road races. Penning said: "There is a huge following for motor sports in this country and yet...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 April 2011 17:46)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Brilliant

But the Fuzz and Health and saftey GEEKS and parish council doo gooders will not allow any one to have any fun on British roads.Sadly

Reply to this Topic
rgvyan

Feb 08

rgvyan says:

have to get some pot holes fixed first!

Reply to this Topic
Smeagolses

Feb 09

Smeagolses says:

SOUTH WALES !!!

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

public road races

several years ago i  was on a break in cornwall. i thought then why on earth dont they have a t t type 2 week  festival at the end of the holiday season say a track 5 miles in length the income to pubs  hotels ect   would get holding this would see them through the cold winter months .the a roads are superb i wouldnt want a macau type track  though.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Birmingham.

It wasnt that long ago they held a round of Formula 1 around Birmingham inner ring road.

So yeah why not bike racing.

Reply to this Topic
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

Lakes TT Route 1

I meant Honister not Winlatter. Hard Knott and Wyrnose would be good but last line I visited them (20 plus years back)the surface was very poor.

Reply to this Topic
draper12807

Feb 11

draper12807 says:

North Wales, the chief of police would have a fucking coronary lol

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Cumbria

What you need is fast  sweeping bends / hard slow corners / hills / jumps/ and long fast head down ass busting straight's!. for the public, camping /hotels  /guest houses, and good food oh yes Pubs,, gotta be the lakes, only problem is the weather  Jeeeeez dose it rain.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

h yes

Frigin Spamers, AHHHHHH

Reply to this Topic
skullydude

Nov 07

skullydude says:

they tried some motor racing in birmingham years ago ......i think its a great idea ........at least it would be more accessable to peolpe......and hopefully they wont be able to rip us off......like the moto gp....so it gets my vote

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices