Skip to content

Discuss This Biker death at speed camera site General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Biker death at speed camera site

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Biker death at speed camera site

A motorcyclist crashed and died after braking as he approached a speed camera van.Witnesses say the rider lost control before hitting the central reservation.The 64-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene, on the A338 in Bournemouth on Saturday morning.The rider, who has not been named, was from the Bournemouth area.A Dorset Police spokesman said: "Due to the proximity of the stationary safety...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (12 April 2011 11:03)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
toadhancocks

Oct 10

toadhancocks says:

maybe

the ball bags how devise these revenue engines will sit up and take note now, THEY DON'T SAVE FUCKING LIVES YOU STUPID CU%T$!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
ERP30

Apr 06

ERP30 says:

Sad

What a shame... sneaky vans give you a fright and even if you are doing the limit, you automatically jam on the brakes for fear your over the limit..... thats a sad story..

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

LISTEN UP

"The Independent Police Complaints Commission has launched an investigation which will examine whether the camera van played a part in the crash, which took place on the north-bound carriageway at the Cooper Dean Flyove" Why the fuck do we need to waste more money investergating this? that bastard camera caused this death no 2 ways about it ,it was just a matter of time!

SAFTY CAMERA MY ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
FalcoSL

Nov 10

FalcoSL says:

Ah

Give over you lot. He lost it under braking from the description, and he's the one in charge of the bike.

bad luck on the bloke, but we don't want constant licensing and testing or artificial controls on our bikes, so we're responsible for them!

Jeez, it's always someone elses fault, isn't it?

Reply to this Topic
tl1000kid

Aug 02

tl1000kid says:

We need a day of rage where we all pull them down and smash them up. The government won't pay attention to anything less.

Reply to this Topic
jahkeym

Dec 09

jahkeym says:

jwe4

You need to learn to show some respect - what about his poor family you idiot.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

He was supposed to be on control of the motorcycle... however if speed changes & enforcement are put too close to a bend they it can be said that they may have had an effect... this poor man may have braked successfully to the correct limit once it was safe to do so if he hadn't seen the van & panicked. Hopefully this investigation will find the truth... either way it will be based on more evidence than we have presented to us here.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I strongly disagree jwe4

I've been in cars with people who, while not speeding, were perhaps not fully aware of what speed they were doing and upon seeing a camera, brake suddenly out of panic. I've seen other road users do it. I've done it myself although not to a serious extent.

Just because the rider in this article braked suddenly, it dosen't automatically follow that he was either speeding or at fault in any way, as we don't have really any of the facts.

One thing sadly that is a fact in this country is that the police all to often use this thought process. Biker - speed camera - emergency braking - fatality......oh well he must have been at fault as he was probably speeding. I'll have money on that being the outcome of the enquiry.

My respects to the family concerned.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

jwe4

or should i say jew4skin your right mybe the police will grow up and take responsibity for what they have done you complete tool!!!

Reply to this Topic
exportmanuk

Feb 11

exportmanuk says:

There are several reports about this on the internet  He was going up a hill and it appears from the reports he was in a 50mph zone.  There is no indication of his actual speed but if he needed to brake so hard then he must have been going considerably more than the limit.  Whilst I have every sympathy for his family and it is no doubt a terrible loss to them you must ask yourself  why he was riding beyond his capabilities.  The Camera van did not cause this loss of control it was the riders own reaction too it.

Have a look at this article  http://www.metro.co.uk/news/860506-biker-died-braking-for-speed-camera

You will note he was local so should have been aware of the limits

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices