Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati Grandstand tickets on sale for British MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati Grandstand tickets on sale for British MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Austin Lindberg  says:

Ducati Grandstand tickets on sale for British MotoGP

Ducati has announced a dedicated Ducati grandstand for the AirAsia British MotoGP at Silverstone and tickets are on sale now. Here’s a breakdown of the tickets and pricing:Ducati Grandstand £148.09 Weekend admission; reserved, covered seats in the Ducati Grandstand; general admission to the circuit; roving grandstand ticket for Friday and Saturday sessions; Ducati T shirt and cap. The Ducati Grandstand is...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (12 April 2011 15:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DJCALVERT

Feb 09

DJCALVERT says:

its no wonder moto gp is dwindling. with prices like that who in their right mind would pay it. i went to the W.S.B. round at donington last month and paid 90 quid for 2 weekend tickets.not only that you get to see the likes of melandri, biaggi, haslam, rea, corser,checa,etc twice. in my opinion twice the value at almost half the price. won't be going unless i pick the winning numbers.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

OUCH

!!!!

Reply to this Topic
tomoijsg

Jun 08

tomoijsg says:

Rip off

Good old Dorna!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
bob the builder

Feb 03

Too far for us up here at the other end of the country, and too bloody expensive.

Will be watching it on the TV.

Reply to this Topic
kapps

Apr 09

kapps says:

that's ridiculous! if being at silverstone is costing dorna such a premium they have to charge that much take it back to donnington. quite frankly they're taking the piss! I don't think I will be paying that much, especially for the poor spectator opportunities silverstone has to offer. it was a bitter pill last year as it was! do they really think >£100 each is a reasonable price for a day out!?

Reply to this Topic
LAwoman

Jun 10

LAwoman says:

Pricing / Poor viewing ...

I agree - the pricing for Silverstone isn't good value and is at odds with increasing spectator numbers. I hope 'the powers' take note. 'General viewing' at Silverstone last year afforded very poor vantage points. The track was flat and the racing unexciting. People were distracted, asleep or were joining the crocodile queue that was leaving en-mass from about half way through the race!! Other tracks deliver more interesting terrain so we plan to offer our support from abroad whilst benefiting from great views, exciting racing and more affordable tickets. We'll spend the difference on travel!! No chance of moving the race back to Donington I suppose ... eh!?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

prices?

Moto GP dwindling...hmm not so sure bout that!
Problem is the grandstand will probably be full as some can afford these prices!
To be honest £60 quid for raceday does not seem too bad though!

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Of course its expensive

20 quid of every ticket goes towards funding rossi's post retirement gender reassignment surgery, Valentina anyone.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Common sense people

Silverstone is an old bomber base hence the reason it is flat. It's not really flat because it has a crest in the middle of the circuit to aid bomb laden B17's to get airborne to go and give it to Jerry. Short of adding/removing a few million tons of earth to landscape the place there is nada anyone can do. It also pays for everything itself through the BRDC (ask ya dad) unlike everywhere else on the calendar so is limited.

For the hard of learning, motor racing was "invented" by the aristocracy as a way to amuse themselves in their new fangled "cars" on stand-down from the day job which often involved being a pilot/navigator at an "airfield" because flying was a posh hobby when it wasn't being used to flatten Dresden. Have a look at any aerial shot of any airfield and you will see a road that circles it, the perimeter track or perry track. This my friends is where the idea of ragging the nuts out of any internally combusted vehicle began and when two people did it it became "racing". Riding/driving the absolute cojones out of anything around the perry track, dodging golf balls and rabbits is a badge of honour in the RAF.

So, the idea of moaning about one of the bastions of international motorsport and trying to get it changed to suit the modern GP spectator is a bit like going to a Jimi Hendrix concert and moaning that it's too loud and trying to get people to turn it down to 10.

Reply to this Topic
kapps

Apr 09

kapps says:

jamie999

Lovely speech but nobody is disputing the origin of the sports or tracks. The fact remains that without fans these sports wouldn't exist in todays society, no mater the heritage. They strive on our presence for money from us and money from sponsors. Without spectators it would defeat the point of racing at such a high level. R&D would just be done in house and at much less of a cost. So the point still remains that a) ticket prices this year are more of a rip off than ever and b) silversone is a crap spectators circuit. They wont sell tickets on the fact that it used to be an airfield! People can go to Duxford if they're interested in that.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle