Skip to content

Discuss This Leicester County Council giving away high-visibility rucksacks for bikers General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Leicester County Council giving away high-visibility rucksacks for bikers

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Austin Lindberg  says:

Leicester County Council giving away high-visibility rucksacks for bikers

Leicestershire County Council is giving away high-visibility rucksacks and information on one-to-one training sessions for motorcyclists."The rucksacks are a novel way of making bikers more visible and I'd urge residents to call in to a police station or library to pick one up,” said Lesley Pendleton, County Council cabinet member for environment and transport. "Riding a motorcycle requires a large amount...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (12 April 2011 15:57)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

As I said on another site, nice idea but has anyone told them that carrying a rucksack can complicate an accident especially if anything bulky is carried in it... I always strap a bag to the bike rather than putting it on my back.

Reply to this Topic
Georg3

Mar 08

Georg3 says:

Happened to me.

Had a small off recently and the disc lock in my rucksack left a particularly interesting bruise.

Reply to this Topic
BadD0g

Aug 08

BadD0g says:

Rucksacks

Well, at least they're trying. However, personally, I don't really believe high-vis makes much difference. I'd rather not break up my silhouette too much - it can have a camouflage effect. Having the reflective strips at night, yes, but the florescent colours I don't feel make much if any difference.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

So they are saying that we are at fault that drivers behind us can't see us????? can I sugest a new campaign to test the fucking eyesight of the people who can't see us ????? jesus H , and all that

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

snev

Totally agree, maybe they should sponsor a free check up at speck savers!

Reply to this Topic
ERP30

Apr 06

ERP30 says:

So Funny

I cracked my shite laughing at some of those comments and speck savers is just excellence....... all jokes aside i think it is a nice gesture and at least they are trying to promote bike safety.... It would never happen here so in my opinion fair play to Leicestershire County Council for trying to help and support bikers....

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Yes, it's actually nice to have recognition from a council that we exist, however, it's clear from the obvious safety issues of using the rucksack that the idea was dreamt up in a council meeting attended by someone who may have been a biker in the distant past with special consultation from someone else's 16 year old scooter riding son... "I know, dayglow rucksacks!"... "Hear hear!".

Reply to this Topic
SLIGHTLYMAD

Dec 05

SLIGHTLYMAD says:

free bag

and while you're collecting your free bag at the police station i'm sure the police will give your bike a free 'safety check'   ;-)   

Reply to this Topic
blassberg

Aug 02

blassberg says:

Hedgehog5 "however, it's clear from the obvious safety issues of using the rucksack" erm - what safety issues? I don't live in Leicestershire but have already had one of these rucksacks for a year bought off ebay for £14. I'm impressed with it - commuting 100 miles each way on my ZX6 with a laptop to work occasionally and it expanding to take my leather trousers when I get there. It's not a Kriega... but it is visible - and better than a flourescent jacket or waistcoat hidden by a black rucksack.

Reply to this Topic
ERP30

Apr 06

ERP30 says:

Rucksacks

I use a black rucksack every day to carry my lunch and rain gear, spare gloves on my 40 mile commute.... so i think the high-visibility one would be better... now i am a cheapskate by my own admission so if i had a chance to grab a freebie i would....  so all in all fair play Leicestershire County Council..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices