Skip to content

Discuss This Dani Pedrosa criticises weight limit plan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dani Pedrosa criticises weight limit plan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dani Pedrosa criticises weight limit plan

Dani Pedrosa has launched a scathing attack on proposals to introduce a combined rider and bike weight limit in MotoGP.The Spaniard, who is a massive 21kg lighter than the heaviest rider in MotoGP, is frustrated that rules would penalise lighter and smaller riders like him and compatriot Toni Elias.It emerged in Jerez earlier this month that a campaign, spearheaded by...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 April 2011 11:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Dry your eyes Dani

There is a minimum bike and rider weight in 125s and also as has been mentioned by another here, in F1, and I think that it's a good and fair rule to have. IMO there should be a minimum weight/rider limit in moto2 as well as all there more than anywhere else the heavier/taller riders are penalised. Dani does have a fair point about the accusations following him his whole career but that's about as far as my empathy towards him goes.

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

Why not give everyone the same bike while there at it!  to me the size of the rider is his porogative an adds to his character and makes it more interesting in the same same way as rider skill/talent, you cant give someone a faster bike just because their a better rider than you- basicly scrap the fuel limit!

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Fuel limit

Yeah that would work too. Still Dani having a winge is about the most interesting thing he's said. Ever.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Rule Changes

How about letting the riders vote on this,after all its them that will be effected by the rule change or not.I think the weight issue is swings & roundabouts & Dani has argued his case well,however I still have to hear Rossi's take on this subject & Im sure he will argue his case just as well.

As for the fuel load to either be increased or unlimited,yes I think thats a great idea.Also get rid of this ridiculous maximum number of engines rule.A rider should not be penalised for engine failures,a DNF is bad enought.Also decrease the electronics & make Moto GP more affordable before the whole series goes into melt down due to the costs.

P.S. If a rider had to add weight to his bike surely the team could put that weight were ever they like giving them an advantage in handling.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

IV'E

just checked the scales and they said i'd get bout 12 laps on 21 litres, fuck im on a diet now!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Errr ladies

I think you'll find it is Rossi and Simoncelli doing the whinging! Pedrosa is merely defending his corner against a ridiculous suggestion. Strange how Rossi didn't bring up this specious point when he was winning?

He really is looking more and more desperate since the Ducati switch. We've gone from the swagger of Burgess' "I'll fix that thing in 80 seconds" call, to Rossi's spiteful public slagging of Lorenzo, to criticising Stoners racecraft then promptly wiping him out in a lunge you'd expect from a yellow vested teenager. Now he's trying to bend the rules mid season in his favour. Can't see how Uncle Carmelo can help him with this one though. Like I said - Straw grasping. An Italian journalist apparently gave him 4 out of 10 for his Ducati switch to date. Does Rossi not realise he's tarnishing his illustrious record with these displays of petulance?

What did the 500's used to drink over the course of a G.P - 32 litres?  50% more than the 800's! There is no good R&D argument for 21 litres. Why is the MSMA so insistent upon ruining The Greatest Show on Earth? Just give them all 24 litres and let the boys dance a bit more. Surely that's 'green' enough?

Reply to this Topic
blzebub

Aug 09

blzebub says:

"It emerged in Jerez earlier this month that a campaign, spearheaded by Valentino Rossi and fellow Italian Marco Simoncelli, has been launched to get a rider and bike weight limit introduced". 

It seems to me that the 2 italians are the ones doing the moaning and Dani's getting it in the neck for responding.  Ditch the 21 litre rule along with all electronics even slipper clutches should go,  If these guys are the best of the best it shouldn't be beyond them to ride the frigging things in their rawest purest form.

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

love it

More weight makes the shortarses whine. Less weight makes the bloaties bluster: Bollocks! On a racing motorcycle that is in constant motion, the marginal increase in weight is of less consequence to fuel consumption than it is to acceleration. Check the fuel consumption figures for the Monotracer - the most aerodynamic motorcycle in production. If the factories are gong to employ Big Boys then why do they not design a Big Boys engine that optimises fuel consumption better? Why is this a rule book problem when it is a function of choices made in development workshops and design studios? You can massively improve fuel consumption by designing a properly aerodynamic riding position not the pathetically Victorian `bicycle with a man on it`... If Rossi or Simoncellu were serious they'd have a leg amputated or kidnap that pixie Pedrosa and have him force-fed McDonalds until his stomach exploded. Girlz, the lot of `em!

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Lanky ugly bastard

If tosser Sic was serious about weight he'd get a fuckin haircut!! must be a couple of kilo's to loose there.

Some pretty stupid comments on this thread... do you see a small weaker guy having to ride a heavier bike than a big strappin greaseball as making a leveller playing field? And going to 1000's will be better for the big guys, not harder, as the extra horsepower would make the weight difference less significant.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

You can't help yourself can you nostrodamus

any excuse to stick the boot into Rossi, again!  And yet if the name Stoner is mentioned in the most vaguely critical manner, you piss your panties. All this whilst trying to preach to everyone about what an impartial fan of the sport you are. Come on, just be honest and say it. Say that you hate Valentino Rossi and resent his massive achievements

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices