Skip to content

Discuss This John Hopkins eyes Suzuki MotoGP wild cards MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > John Hopkins eyes Suzuki MotoGP wild cards

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

John Hopkins eyes Suzuki MotoGP wild cards

John Hopkins was already plotting a dramatic return to the MotoGP world championship in 2011 before Alvaro Bautista’s cruel injury blow saw him a make a shock comeback in Jerez earlier this month. The reformed bad boy, who is preparing to race for the Samsung Crescent Suzuki squad in British Superbike series in 2011, is still hoping to strike a deal...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 April 2011 13:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
samurai3206

Apr 11

samurai3206 says:

Sponsorship

Would it be wrong for him to angle after some major alchohol sponsorship? As long as he promises Paul Denning no more ale on Saturday night

Reply to this Topic
RichieRotten

Oct 05

RichieRotten says:

Welcome Mr Hopper

I like the guy and I am glad to see him racing again - it was a joy to see him in Moto GP - and it will be good to see him in BSB And MCN could we do something about the adverts? they are really pissing me of now if I wanted bloody Nike I would look for them this is a Bike forum not a Fashion shop.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

Hopper

I expect it will be good to see him ride in BSB but 10th place at Jerez? He is no longer competetive and grubbing after one off rides is only blocking other promising riders. John is a no-hopper, I wonder if he will win a BSB round, it is by no means certain.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

luckyskua

I think your comments are a bit harsh,considering that it's how long since he sat on a moto gp grid ? and add to that that the race was a lottery considering the conditions ,the best of them didn't or were lucky to finish the race,Also if that bike is anything like, he has the ability to more than mix it in bsb ,don't be fooled,your underestimating his ability and forgetting his pedigree,Marco Melandri was written off by many look at him now,poor machinery and bad luck can end careers even if I have to admit Hopkins self inflicted his luck,but he is young enough and i believe quick enough to turn it around certainly in bsb,we will soon find out

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

I agree with the stig, Hopper has had more than his share of bad luck and it was agreed by a lot of pundits that he did ok in jerez. He mad a bad, possibly financially driven decision to go to Kawasaki that did not work out, but if Suzuki stay in MotoGP next year and go back to a 2 rider team I'm sure he will be top of their list. Also, BSB has resurrected a few fallen careers in recent years and his could be the next.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

i think suzuki should take him on because i think he,s probrably the only one who could save them from another abismal season

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

If Suzuki.

Return with a two man team when the rules change they should bring back Hopkins someone who knows how to get the best out of the machine.

Reply to this Topic
FalcoSL

Nov 10

FalcoSL says:

Want cheap shoes?

Yeah, fuck you spammers!

John didn't get a start on the Kwak at MotoGP, as he got injured almost straight away. I think the kwak was a step up from he suzuki at the time, as they got one or two podiums a year.

one thing though; How is this guy a 'bad-boy', exactly? Coz he wears an earring?

Give one of these wild cards to the ultimate bad lad racer, Anthony Gobert, just to see some sparks! 

I think that good riders are alwys tied up with contracts, but riders who we'd probably all like to see given wild cards are the likes of Checa and Biaggi. Or even Troy bayliss, who won his last MotoGP race! What about that?

Reply to this Topic
ojw30

Apr 11

ojw30 says:

Bad Boy

Well, he had a domestic with his missus in Misano and was so pissed he couldn't ride the Kawasaki motogp bike.

He also got a race suspension for dangerous riding in Laguna so I guess that would count !

Jonny's a real character though and proud of his Anglo American background. He has a union jack tattoo on his back that he used to always show off.

I knew him back in the Red Bull days and am looking forward to seeing him again.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices