Skip to content

Discuss This Honda CBR 250 v Kawasaki Ninja 250R - will either go ton-up? First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Honda CBR 250 v Kawasaki Ninja 250R - will either go ton-up?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Honda CBR 250 v Kawasaki Ninja 250R - will either go ton-up?

Senior MCN road tester Adam Child and MCN road tester Bruce Dunn are currently at Bruntingthorpe proving ground pushing Honda's new CBR250 and Kawasaki's Ninja 250R to the limit flat out down the two mile straight. But which will come out on top, the single cylinder driven Honda or the parallel twin Kawasaki? Will either bike make the magic 100mph mark?...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 April 2011 17:27)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Maybe one but not both

Haven't ridden a Ninja250R, but you should be able to squeeze a genuine ton out of it.

The Honda I have ridden and I reckon there is no way it'll do a ton.

Brilliant little bike, but a scooter is much more practical and far better in traffic.

I would like to see 0-60 comparison between an SH300i and these two.....

Reply to this Topic
obsceneuk

May 09

obsceneuk says:

Ridden both

Kwak probably will, Honda doesn't. That said, the Kwak is a MUCH better bike.

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja599

Jun 10

That Honda...

is SOOOOOOOOOOOO ugly!

To top that off, where'd they get those wheels? 80s retro part bin???

Who cares about a 'ton' when you're on such an ugly bike! Give me the Ninja anyday even if it could only do 40mph!

Reply to this Topic
ethicalkidnap

Mar 11

Who cares?

Really, who cares whether it'll go 100mph+? They're 250cc "first big bike" bikes or commuters capable of a bit of weekend fun (perhaps not the most fuel efficient though). They're made to inspire confidence with more "real bike" feel than a 125. It'd be nice to know at what rpm the peak torque comes in, as I can imagine the Honda will be sooner (and higher, as we already know).

And Yellowninja, no accounting for taste, eh? I personally think it's a neat little bike, and would rather have it over the kwak. From what we know of the two companies, the honda will last much longer, and be a much more practical bike all round.

Don't get me wrong, I like the kwak, it's pretty ace, but I don't much care for peak bhp, 0-60 and 100mph+ top speeds when I'm on my way to and from work or out for a ride around the midlands. Maybe if I was having a drag race down a very long straight...

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

cbr 250- ninja250 r

does it matter if they dont do 100 mph my old  r reg cb250 honda does close on  85 mpg to the gallon probably will struggle to do 85 mph but with it seems every time you go out you see drivers texting eating mobile glued to there ear and while pulling out on to the road your on while still on phone ect  im glad i dont ride a superbike anymore.best place for 100 mph plus is on a track day ive done loads.thank god made me realise going fast on our roads nowdays is crazy.

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

first bikes

i would say quite a few younger riders will be interested in these performance stats, you at least want to be able to keep with your friends Civic Type R or Corsa VXR away from the lights and out on the open rode. i suspect the kawasaki or Hyosung GTR will mamage this but he Honda falls short, the bhp is very poor when you consider that the old NSR125 had more to offer!

Reply to this Topic
Foreigner

Nov 10

Foreigner says:

I own the Ninja and tested it out on the German autobhan a while ago. According to the GPS, it can get to 100mph and a bit more. Having said that, me+luggage probably came to a weight of under 120 pounds. Add more weight and I'm not so sure it'll hit the mark.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I can't believe how heavy

these wee things are. Modern 4 cylinder 600's are down to this sort of weight with big wheels and tyres. O.K I know the 250's are built to a price but 165kg with skinny wheels and only one brake up front? Shameful.

Reply to this Topic
mattyamaha

May 10

mattyamaha says:

cheapest way to get rid of spammers

free   kill em all with a nice ip ban

or go and find them and destroy their  computers

or    every1 can mark as spam and no 1 can see them agen

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

They change IP at will and when they look em up, its not their personnal computer or their internet connection that appears. These are hackers thats what they do. The only way they can really end spam on here is approving every message, which I think would be worth it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices