Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

OUT TODAY ... RIP Wasp

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 April 2011 22:24)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BikerRob70

Mar 11

BikerRob70 says:

Mmm.......a different view

.........Wow, there's lots of back patting and praise on this thread. I'm glad the rider is making a recovery but is it only me thinking differently?

• hoisting the front wheel on a public road is dangerous.
  • you could have killed yourself and innocent road users
  • your insurers are likely to pay out and recover the costs from the rest of us
  • you then go and tell the world (insurance co. and police included) how you were riding and what caused it

This isn't a situation that has been caused by a careless car driver pulling out - I know riders who have suffered in this way; this is completely self inflicted by riding dangerously.

I don't have an axe to grind but find it strange that nobody else has pointed out the obvious.

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

i know what you are saying....

..and I'm sure Kam will answer for himself, but i reckon he would be the first to put his hands up (in a sore kind of way!)and say he f*ckd up...however, I'm pretty sure we have all made mistakes riding that only by luck haven't resulted in a spill..."there for the grace of god".....

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

Thanks

BR70 If only Kam had read this before he went out :roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
BikerRob70

Mar 11

BikerRob70 says:

Not.....

expecting alot of support for what I've said, whether it's right or wrong - there's 14 pages of congratulations for the rider, I'm not likely to change that.

Reply to this Topic
tazzer

Aug 02

tazzer says:

Kam

My girlfriend happened to by driving back from lunch in Drymen and mentioned a back and yellow bike at the side of the road with grass sticking out of it, A big bloke and a girl with long hair, immediately thought it might be you, was hoping it wasn't but there's not to many black and yellow sportsbike's in Glasgow, she thought it was a Suzuki. Small world :mellow:

Glad your okay dude.

Oh and a 10 minute rant I had to listen to about how dangerous bikes are...that's all your fault lol :lol:

Take it easy,

Taz.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Jeni

Aye .... it just shows you the horrendous price of genuine spares. :huh:

..and yes, I am still feeling a bit 'banged up' .... my wrists are the things giving me the most gyp .... but getting a little better each day. .. Having said all that - it's 'a walk in the park' compared to skin grafts so I ain't complaining. :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

BR70

of course you're right. I'm just yankin yer chain :smile

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Mankind

Lol! - Loving the idea of something a little less 'hospitally' .:laugh:........  but the gixxer isn't too uncomfortable, honest, and I might as well make the most of it whilst I can ..... coz, yes, I'm sure in 'x' number of years I will need something more comfortable/sensible. :winkie: 

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

BikerRob

Thanks, I'm glad you are glad I am ok.:winkie:....  You are entitled to your opinion and I ain't going to argue with you.

I'm sure you are a very safe and careful rider at all times .... and 'good on you' mate ...for being a good example  :winkie: ........ Not being able to be a 'good example' I am doing my bit by trying to be a 'terrible warning'.....Between us hopefully we will get the message across. :winkie:  

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

tazz

Hi mate .:winkie:... sorry for your 'earbashing'  I'll buy you a drink one of these days as compensation. Lol! :tongue:

Having said that, show your girl this thread  - proof that if I am still posting after that - bikes can't be that bad ... the police officer who attended the incident told us of a fatal car 'head on' just nearby earlier that week. :upset:..... bike or car ..... 'life' sometimes is just dangerous.    

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle