Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

OUT TODAY ... RIP Wasp

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 April 2011 22:24)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

shanep

Thanks .... from a fellow crasher :winkie:... hopefully we will both be back in the saddle before too long. :winkie: 

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

JordanMordan

'Interesting' first post.... hmmmm...:dopeyhmmmm:.

'u rode like a cock.  Not having a go, as u obviously recognize your own good fortune, but I'm f**king glad I or some family with kids in a small car wasnt coming the other way.'

Yeah, I'm 'f**king glad' too mate ..... you and your kids would have been fine ...but I would have been hurt a lot worse. :winkie: 

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Mike49

Cheers mate..:winkie:.. 'really appreciate it.

I really hope things are going well for you too. I know these have been difficult times and it was really good of you to think of me.    

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

JordanMorden says

"u rode like a cock.  Not having a go" 

that's exactly what I'd call it! and on a first post too, how to win friends and influence people, eh?! 
were you there then? to see what happened? These guys cover many thousands of miles a year on their bikes, and the person who never made a mistake hasn't been born yet! I suspect some lessons have been taken on board by everybody present, not to mention giving other forum members something to consider, after all, a light, high powered bike has the potential to bite hard if things go wrong, but you don't even have the courtesy to enquire after the riders health and recovery! 
So, snap judgements and giving no benefit of the doubt, instant expert eh? just add water. Not a magistrate or a police officer are you? :huh:

Yes I have seen the group rideout scenario you mention on a number of occasions, does that mean this was what happened in this case?? :huh:

Have a nice day, hope YOUR riding is absolutely perfect and faultless, because if you ever meet any of us we'll be looking closely! :lol:

Reply to this Topic
BikerRob70

Mar 11

BikerRob70 says:

JordanMorden......

doesn't need to be a magistrate or a police officer; he's not even making a snap judgement......this is the account from someone who WAS there...

"all my own stupidity .:wacko:.. floated one a tad too high and flipped going over the double humps on the Stockiemuir"

Can you all stop defending this type of riding - we get a bad enough rap as it is from the general public. Kamchat is not some type of god who needs to be worshipped! I don't know him - he's probably a really nice bloke but this type of ego massaging is pathetic.

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Precisely!

he's put his hands up, said he did something a little silly, and is paying the price in physical discomfort and financial loss, but that's not enough eh? he needs to be castigated by keyboard wielding saints as well. Hope your riding's beyond reproach too, never pulled out of a junction too soon, taking a chance? never braked hard without knowing what's behind, never pushed too fast around a bend to find horse muck/diesel/tightening radius, never made ANY mistakes? go on, tell us you're perfect! All any one can do is think about what they are doing and have done and try not to make the same mistakes twice. Sometimes it only takes a split second decision to have a lifetime of consequence or worse. Human nature is that people push limits, do things, get away with them a few times, and it then becomes acceptable behaviour, people fall off ladders, electrocute themselves, maim themselves with chainsaws, crash cars, all kinds of stupid stuff, some involves other people, some doesn't. Perhaps we should have stayed in Africa being prey for leopards and never pushed the boundaries eh? 

So, were you there? do you know the road? do you know the road and traffic conditions at the time? Well, maybe you can teach us all to be better riders, I look forward to that, I for one am always open to further learning, just can't see the point in lecturing people when you weren't there, however at least you had the decency to enquire about his health and well being. Enjoy the rest of your day. :mellow:

Reply to this Topic
JordanMorden

Apr 11

JordanMorden says:

So

me & my kids would have been fine but you would have been a lot worse?  So I take it there was no chance of a car coming in the opposite direction then?  Even so, I doubt seeing a mangled biker in the middle of the road and the resulting hold-up would be to enjoyable.

Yeah it is my first post. I dont normally venture on to bike forums but when there was a link to your post in the MCN homepage at the weekend I looked and felt the urge to comment given that there was only one other critical comment out of over 160.  Maybe not the usual first post but would u prefer I congratulated u instead?

Smoto I am FAR from an angel or a perfect rider but I keep my naughtiness for myself and no other traffic or witnesses. If you want to ride like a total dick try doing it at 3am when there is hardly anyone around and calm it when someone is. There was no need for me to enquire after his health as his numerous posts prior to mine made it perfectly clear that he was ok.

If someone with a stated 35 years of experience is stupid enough to flip their bike through an over enthusiastic wheelie and then advertise the fact publicly on a forum, which in turn proves to be such a popular post that the homepage links to it for any casual visitor (i.e. me) to view it, dont be surpised when u attract some criticism.  Me & my missus, or any other unfortunate who might have come the other way may well have been fine, but you obviously cannot see beyond yourself.  As stated in this post, '35 years experience' and '14 offs'.  Says it all.

Second and last post.  Good-night & ride safe (if u can).

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

JordanMoron

You accuse me of 'riding like a cock' ... that may be ...but clearly you are a cock. :winkie:

Given that you admit to driving the very twisty Dukes Pass with your cruise control on and set at 55 mph I think it is safe to say that your family are far more at risk from your own stupidity than mine (or any other biker's). :wacko:.

Btw. - I can assure you that the very last thing that would go through my mind should I be seriously injured would be - 'Oh no! - poor Jordan Moron and his kids might come along and see me in this state! - how distressing for them! :shock:'

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

BikerRob

The fact that quite a few folk have posted wishing 'I heal up soon' after my 'off' isn't 'ego massaging'..... it's just folk behaving like decent, caring human beings :winkie:.... it's quite normal human behaviour ....... you should try it sometime.. instead of just 'trolling'. :winkie:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
downshift

Feb 10

downshift says:

Cruise control

JordanMorden - On a winding road? When you touch the accelerator or brake pedal the cruise control automatically turns off until you turn it on again, so are you one of these people who mis-uses cruise control on B roads and to make sure it doesn't disactivate, you cut corners and cross white lines into oncoming traffics paths in order to keep your speed up? I'd guess you and your wife both practice this ridiculours mis-use of the function. You sound like a much worse danger on the road if you can't be bothered to use your car properly!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices