Skip to content

Discuss This Aprilia Tuono V4R: "An astonishing all-rounder" First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Aprilia Tuono V4R: "An astonishing all-rounder"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Aprilia Tuono V4R: "An astonishing all-rounder"

The new Aprilia Tuono V4R (Don't like the looks? Find an older Aprilia Tuono for sale) knocked us for six at its world track and road launch in Valencia, Spain. The 167bhp super naked has close to the performance and all the cutting edge technology of the MCN test-winning RSV4 superbike, but is more usable and more fun to ride in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (20 April 2011 17:23)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LukeZX6

May 09

LukeZX6 says:

Does anyone else think it looks like a crashed R1 that shrunk in the wash?

Reply to this Topic
easytargets

Jul 09

easytargets says:

Luke ZX6 is right, looks unfinished and cheap, no dought it goes well but not a complete package

Reply to this Topic
Z1000MAN

Oct 10

Z1000MAN says:

overpriced !!!

BMW K1300R : £10,450

Aprilia V4 R Tuono : £10,638

he.. he...  I know, which one I'd go for !

Reply to this Topic
Mikeyy

Oct 10

Mikeyy says:

LukeZX6

An nice view on the bike. :) 

personaly i  think its not as nice looking as the old version the colours and character of the old Tuono is what made it so great not forgeting watching my mate riding his it even put a smile on my face watching him ride it. however this bike falls short of that, im sure it goes well and is a great all round package apart from the rock hard seat (nothing like a numb arse)  :P

Reply to this Topic
Mikeyy

Oct 10

Mikeyy says:

MCN

Just like to point out the new Aprilia Tuono is not a superbike it a sportsnaked. The Aprilia RSV4 is a superbike this isnt.

:) another typing error

Reply to this Topic
fawnykate

Nov 09

fawnykate says:

Exhaust looks Pants!!!

They call it a Super Naked!!!!  IMO it looks like it should do, a naked RSV4 !!! certainly not a crashed and shrunk R1, I'll be taking one for a testride when I get the chance. It sounds a right beast!!

Reply to this Topic
IsraelsRSV

Feb 11

IsraelsRSV says:

V4R give it less stick

Reading some of the comments there and found you bikers to be nit picking and fussy. I currantly ride an RSV1000R and love it! my last bike was a Z750 and i loved it too. This bike looks like a good alround bike that seems to be good at everything. Its got the the comfort of a street bike, get a wee add on to the screen and you can tour, and if anyone says 167bhp isn't a super bike then they must be Rossie. To me it looks a great bike, and the guys that write up on these bikes are riding loads of bikes all the time and know a good one when they ride one, after reading this artical, i'd love to test ride one as i use the bike for all differant styles of riding: go to work, take out the Mrs, pop out to see the mates, head home to Scotland to see the family, and get the one peice suit on and go mental at the weekends.

Sounds like a good bike MCN

Reply to this Topic
mafmcleod

Oct 09

mafmcleod says:

Under 6'

Seriously guys am I the only one here becoming seriously pi££ed off with every manufacturer constructing new bikes for boys? No offence if you're one of my vertically challenged brethren, I still love you. But come on bike builders!!! My RSV was awesome, and It fitted. My RC8 seems to be the only recent bike which hasn't been built as small as possible. Are we moving towards litre mini motos that nobody can ride? What's the point. Anyone over six feet is being deliberately discriminated against by the bike companies and it sucks. I couldn't wait for the RSV4. cramped if you're over 6'... New Tuono? Cramped if you're over 6'... Every new bike release is greeted with 'a litre bike the size of a 600'. Thanks. I can't fucking have one then! Soon, anyone over 6' will only have adventure trailies or sodding great tourers to ride. Let's see some man sized sports bikes for men to ride please! Or at least the degree of adjustability KTM are offering me with the RC8. and talking about the KTM, it's only the second one I've seen on the road, ever! WTF? it's really, really good. Try one :-)

Reply to this Topic
Z1000MAN

Oct 10

Z1000MAN says:

£10,638 !!!!! Joke....

it doesn't matter about the 167 bhp. it'll be a flop.

it's not a japanese bike, it's not a BMW, it's not a racer + well overpriced.

I can get a new fireblade with ABS for less money { around £8000 }.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ductuono

Jun 11

ductuono says:

Aprilia Tuono V4R

Sorry to say guys but I test rode one its nuts, and now have one in my garage thats the first new bike iv brought since 1975 always buy second hand but just had to have it, its that good dont care about the looks ( I like it ) the sound is amazing 179 miles on the sat I picked it up seat is very hard 600 miles to run it in cant wait  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices