Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner supports Dani Pedrosa in weight debate MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner supports Dani Pedrosa in weight debate

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner supports Dani Pedrosa in weight debate

Casey Stoner has thrown his support behind Dani Pedrosa in the combined bike and rider weight debate currently raging in MotoGP. Pedrosa has strongly opposed plans to introduce a combined bike and rider minimum weight limit in MotoGP, with some of his premier class rivals believing the Spaniard has a significant advantage because of his diminutive size. Pedrosa is over 20kg lighter...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (21 April 2011 17:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Make it fairer

As I've always said, peeps spend a fortune buying carbon fibre parts to make their bikes a few ounces lighter, even though going on a diet would be cheaper, healthier and most people would lose considerable more weight than buying carbon mudguards ETC.

I think they should have a minimum weight limit, then it will be down to rider ability and machanicals.

And of course Dani is complaining, he's the lightest rider. lol

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

MIDGETS

I think the weight should be combined with the rider and bike. I think it would level out the playing field just a bit more. These micro sized midgets have a definate advantage..,. less mass means more speed. duh

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Messing

They should stop messing about with the MGP class and also remove

electronics like tracktion control, anti wheely  (and what's next, ABS ?).

I am against any extra regulations like weight control because you

will only get the 'what if when'  debate.

Reply to this Topic
concerned

Feb 09

concerned says:

weight limit

I agree, there should be a weight limit. Instead of penalising the lignt guys by making the bike and rider  weigh as much as the heaviest, weigh the lightest guy and bike. Then say, if you want to be the same, LOSE WEIGHT FATTY.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Vote

Simple solution to this problem ! Let all the Moto GP riders vote on the subject,simple.They have much more knoledge on the subject than any of us,let them sort it out between them selves.

Reply to this Topic
Spreaders88

Jan 11

Spreaders88 says:

moot-point.

has anyone noticed that pedrosa hasnt actually won a motogp title yet? if his weight was such an advantage then surely he would have by now...

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Weight hasn;t really been a problem in the past because everyone had more power than they could use, however since fuel limits have come in this has made a difference. The new regs next year tip the scales and put rider weight right at the top of the list of areas where you can gain an advantage.. Up the fuel and give the big riders the 'SAME' power(not more) as the shorter guys, it'll still even out. Stoner defo towing the corporate line, it's no coincidence that the rule changes favour shorter riders when Honda have the cast of time bandits riding for them..

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Spreaders.

Yeah I've noticed that Dani hasn't got a title yet but the Honda RC212V was built for him.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
stoner27

Jul 08

stoner27 says:

evens

i see the usual few dicks are out at play on here.

dani is at a disadvantage in away what he gains on the straights he gives away on the brakes it kinda evens itself out over race distance.marco just looks like a gorilla on the thing but he did get to the front in jerez for a short time.

Reply to this Topic
robmclean71

Oct 05

robmclean71 says:

New Rules

How about we make Pedrosa wear lead boots and a concrete jacket...Oh and Stoner a gag. Yours cheerfully, Mr Usual Dick.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices