General CAN WE STOP THE BAITING PLEASE General

You are in... Forums > General > General > CAN WE STOP THE BAITING PLEASE

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

CAN WE STOP THE BAITING PLEASE

I'm not sure whether it's male or female behind some of the posts, but if you can't say something good then don't say anything at all. Re: RIP wasp thread. I've noticed a few new posters have been having a right dig at Kam on there. I don't know the guy but I would imagine he already feels a bit of a numpty after what happened without a few peeps having a right pop, and they haven't done something really stupid on a bike before?

He didn't need to put up the pics he did as he probably knew this might happen especially as there is a little conflict between himself and previous members, but never the less he did.

Debates and having a point of view is one thing, being maliscious is another.

So the silly little boys/girls who are trolling these threads lately can you stop it and if you want to post, post something that is not just streams of abuse so we all can reply.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (26 April 2011 08:01)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Spire

Oct 04

Spire says:

Trolls

I'm afraid this site has always suffered from them.  Unless MCN decide to deal with it then it always will.  Unfortunately I can't ban or suspend users.  So I can't deal with it.

As you are aware Kam has had a few run ins with a number of users who clearly are not going to miss any opportunity to be vindictive.  Kam always confronts such users head on and can clearly deal with it.  I just hope it doesn't put other users off using the site.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I dont

agree with suspensions or banning, I never think that's a very adult thing to be doing unless there is a threat of doing someone harm.

It's just so childish, I can't believe some of the comments are from grown ups, or are they.

Group hug everybody:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
Spire

Oct 04

Spire says:

Trolls

Aren't going to agree to play nicely.

I have deleted one post from the RIP wasp thread because of the expletives in it.  The others though are just antagonistic.  So no justification for deleting those.

A properly moderated forum needs to block / suspend users that persist in breaking the sites rules.  Otherwise you just end up with the site being bombarded with posts that cause problems and upset.  Which results in the site being unpleasant and losing users that it wants to attract.

Reply to this Topic
banditman2010

Jan 11

i agree

ive even had it on some of my post,s infact i deleated one cos it got out of hand... and you are rite weve all done something stupide or spare the moment neglet and the regreted the out come. when i passed my test rode out the test centre sytopped at junction to turn out of the test centre and didnt think for one moment to put my feet down and wallop landed sideways my instructer just said get up your embarrising me.... but some people are not happy in yhere lives unlees there causing greif.. best thing is not to react to it as they got the response they wanted and thats when they get there thrill... egnore them if every one did they would soon get bored when they dont get a response :blink:

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

babyblade

Well said .:winkie:.... what I find 'interesting' is the apparent 'baiters' are new or virtually new members..... kind of interesting that ...as if new members would 'jump in' with both feet to cause trouble (not very likely?) ......I strongly suspect it's the 'usual suspects' at work ..... (tiresome, sad little men that they are. :mad: )  

Reply to this Topic
svgirly

Feb 11

svgirly says:

babyblade

agree with what you said, but I get a sense that Kam can stand up for himself, even though I don't know him!!!!!

14 offs in 35 years.........man's gonna be tough :lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Baiting

The problem is with both sides...  those that throw the bait, and those that take it!

If someone submits a post you don't agree with, the best thing to do is ignore it.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, they don't have to agree with you, also, it stops anything getting out of hand, if you don't rise to it!

Me - as soon as a post goes into Troll Land, I stop reading it.

Reply to this Topic
svgirly

Feb 11

svgirly says:

ninjachica

Ninja's are shit!!!:lol::lol::lol::tongue::lol:

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

these things happen and always will 

I have no problem with people sniping at each other just P's me off when attacking a guy when he is down he just lost his bike as I stated in other thread have a go at him when he has a new bike hell even give him a slap across the back of the head but kicking him in the baws when he just lost his bike is low

Reply to this Topic
cowboy11

Apr 09

cowboy11 says:

babyblade41

sorry but i don't think you will ever stop the baiting. Sometimes it's done in good fun, and that's great. I think we all like to read threads that are thought provoking, and that in itself creates different points of view, which often leads to conflicts.
It's not a question of it not happening anymore, but rather how people deal with it when it happens.
Myself and smidget had a great debate a while ago, and even tho we dissagreed, we both refrained from the name calling and other disgusting behaviour that can sometimes happen.
After a while you get to know those on here that only want to cause bad feelings, so if you don't give them the ammunition, they can't use it.
 Keep smiling  :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices