Skip to content

Discuss This 'Handling of a race bike, comfort of a street bike' - Motus MST-01 on track New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 'Handling of a race bike, comfort of a street bike' - Motus MST-01 on track

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

'Handling of a race bike, comfort of a street bike' - Motus MST-01 on track

Of course you¹d expect to hear that in a promotional video, but it¹s an Ohlins technician talking, even if he couches his comments in the bubblewrap of 'This is the beginning... I can't imagine what the finished product's going to be'. As the 1645cc sports tourer mules blat or rather blart round Barber motorsports park it's hard to disagree that they...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (26 April 2011 10:08)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
scottdiver690

Nov 09

Never trust the yanks and their opinions, their car industry is about to follow the British one down the plug hole, and they have voted in more idiots than us brits have, anyway it will be highly regarded by the Americans as a great bike but will be slated by the Europeans as being dull, slow, un-reliable and expensive, just like a newer Harley, which are frankly crap as well.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Wonder...

Does it rock from side to side like a Guzzi when you blip the throttle...?

Reply to this Topic
Lightning Boy

Mar 07

Er... bit harsh

Some of the comments on here seems a little harsh - I for one am keen to see a new manufacturer. Especially one prepared to try some new things. Styling is as always, subjective. The looks aren't my cup of tea, but i think they're working on a naked one which could well be more my brew. On this quick look, it already looks better than the 300kg, 15lit fuel tanked VFR1200 ;)

Reply to this Topic
racinjetford

Nov 05

racinjetford says:

Stereotypes

Stereotypes are common because they are so often true, and Harley has surely ruined the reputation of america as far as motorcycling goes.  (Just because your bikes were good in the 50's doesn't mean the bikes are still the best today without changing them). BUT this isn't Harley!!!!!  I think there are some overly critical comments and opinions already on these Motus prototypes.  I have a hard time seeing how crappy Harley reliability has anything to do with this bike.  With Pratt&Miller and Katech helping to engineer and build the engine, tranny, and chassis, this has the potential to be stone reliable.  Why can't we at least wait for the finished products to be tested before bashing it to pieces on a forum?

Reply to this Topic
racinjetford

Nov 05

racinjetford says:

the sound

As for the sound in the video, I've heard the engine on the dyno near redline (with open headers) in another video and it was hair-raising!  But in this video I don't like it.  It's probably just the prototype's exhaust or the sound recording being a bit distorted (if it was too loud?) in the video.  Nothing a decent aftermarket setup couldn't work with. ( I want one of these engines on a stand in the garage to mastubate to :biggrin: )

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
racinjetford

Nov 05

racinjetford says:

Hydraulic lifters

means zero valve-checking and adjusting as well.

Reply to this Topic
wimmm72

Apr 11

wimmm72 says:

Transmission sound a little slow upshifting....or maybe the it"s the rider upshifting slow....:-))

Reply to this Topic
r1150

Jun 05

r1150 says:

AHHH!! MY EARS!

badly overdubbed sound ..... i smell bull***t.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices