Skip to content

General recommend me a good pair of summer gloves General

You are in... Forums > General > General > recommend me a good pair of summer gloves

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

rich88

Aug 10

rich88 says:

recommend me a good pair of summer gloves

as the title says

looking at around £70 but anything cheaper is a bonus.

seen a few nice pairs of short gloves, are they worth looking at/avoiding?

cheers

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 April 2011 00:56)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

I bought...

some Dainese textile summer gloves a couple of years ago for 30 quid from my local bike shop.And looking at them now there really isn't much to them,as far as protection goes,the rubber 'fox head' logo and a little bit of foam across the main knuckle area is all you get.But they are good in the warmer weather and have stayed stitched up tight after thousands of miles in all weathers. Can't find them on this link,but plent to choose from.Best to just go to a shop and try a few pairs on and see what feels 'Right'.

summr gloves.

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Best fit

of any glove anywhere (for me) is Spidi's. Bit more than £70 generally but worth every penny. If they're good enough for Leon Haslam they're good enough for me!

race vent

cheaper version

:wink:

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Personally,

I'd be reluctant to use anything that didn't a) cover the wrist area, b) have at least tough palm protection, for anything other than a slow bimble to the pub or shops. Some degree of knuckle/backs of the hands/fingers protection would be preferable. Think about what happens when you fall over or off anything, first instinct is to put hands out to protect yourself. There's plenty of vented leather or part leather gloves, many with kevlar or similar under the leather or other materials, makes sense to take care of something as delicate, easily damaged and vulnerable as hands :smile

Anything with only clarino type material or nylon mesh is only suitable for motocross/trials/mountain biking really, although some supermoto riders/racers choose to use those, I never did, even a slide on a kart track could go through them quickly. :upset:
Leather gloves have saved my hands on a number of occasions, most specifically on one badly laid anti skid surface (large grain grit, supposedly epoxy bonded to the road, except it was covered in the loose bits, unswept) not a high speed incident, less than 30 mph I think when both tyres slid out instantly, all my riding gear and several parts of bike damaged, the gloves were through the leather and down to the kevlar in a couple of places, those were Akito 
Happy hunting :smile

Reply to this Topic
rich88

Aug 10

rich88 says:

gloves

cheers for the replys chaps.
Im definately thinking leather with some decent protection.
But i do like the idea of short gloves, get a bit of a breeze up the arms, il probably end up carrying my normal gloves under the seat or in my bag anyway!
I guess im just going to have to shop around, i was just wondering about opinions etc or what to avoid.

thanks again

Reply to this Topic
downshift

Feb 10

downshift says:

Summer gloves

I use RST Razor sport gloves. No insulation, just thin leather with extra on the palms. Very good value at £40 I think, and they keep my hands cool.

Reply to this Topic
ajroberts

Dec 10

ajroberts says:

Berik

I got a pair of Berik race gloves white leather

http://www.berik.co.uk/cat207_1.htm  like that but with more protection on the back of the hand.

£70 

I have only worn them for about an hour if that so far and they are pretty comfy as the only other ones I have a hugely thick winter ones.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

gloves

Leather gardening gloves £3 a pair at Lidl.:shock::shock: :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
ajroberts

Dec 10

ajroberts says:

£3 is a bit expensive for me...

I think lidl is a bit expensive....

These should do the trick

Can't go wrong with them....

Reply to this Topic
Dumptruck

Sep 07

Dumptruck says:

Ive got some from Triumph.

I think they were called highways?? short cuff, mesh with really good leather palms and armour, just dont wear them in 6 degrees,

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

I just bought these as a spare..... I bought a set before. Good quality, and nice feel to them. And, over half price.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400041020719&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices