Skip to content

Discuss This New KTM Duke 690 spied New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New KTM Duke 690 spied

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New KTM Duke 690 spied

This prototype is the new 70bhp KTM Duke 690. It was spotted being filled up with fuel yards from the KTM factory in Mattighofen, Austria, by an eagle-eyed Austrian KTM owner who took pictures and video on his mobile phone. The bike is clearly a prototype machine and was in fairly shabby, test-hack shape with matt black paint, mis-matched wheels and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 April 2011 11:31)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Gstan

Nov 10

Gstan says:

too much like a normal road bike, the old duke 640 is the best, just enough road stuff to be useful, but plenty of hooliganism and lightness to ride like a teenager and act the clown

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

690 or 654?

Given the difficulties in muting the bark of a large single the exhaust system certainly makes sense, under-engine chamber, presumably housing the catalyst, with a pipe leading to a conventional silencer.   On my 2009 Duke 690, which is really a 654, Bonneville gearing was employed, presumably to enable the biker to pass the sound emission test.   After I added a rear sproket with two additional teeth the bike is loud.  I don't know anything about the prototype, but the current Duke 690 is electronically limited in neutral, first and second gears.  Disconnecting the wires for first and second restores proper hooligan potential.  

Regardless, what I'd really like to see is how Gerald Kiska is handling the styling of the new Super Duke.   

Reply to this Topic
cmc1

May 08

cmc1 says:

YAAAAWN! spied, scooped, spotted. It's getting a bit boring now.

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

So what

Oh how original...they shrunk a SuperDuke..same TAX..nearly as much to insure and slower....perhaps they should spend the time sorting the niggles on current models.

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

SuperMono

Time they make a nice streetracer on this basis but please

not with the current KTM looks. Time for a drastic re-design,

have seen it al after some years.

Reply to this Topic
gogo2toto

Apr 11

gogo2toto says:

shopping online

New stock constantly!Come on, dress up! Free Shipping Welcome to: http://www.doestrade.com/

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

ok if light but not if overweight.

If it's sub 140kg in weight then it might be worth considering but if its similar weight to a modern 600cc bike(or heavier) but with half the power of these bikes why should it be considerred?

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Spied ?

Can't be much of a secret if they let one of their mechanics pop

down the local garage for a drop of unleaded, a Ginsters and Red Bull

now can it? ;)

Reply to this Topic
Gstan

Nov 10

Gstan says:

This sort of bike isnt about all out power, a single makes power right from the bottom so it feels more powerful than it is, and it will undoubtebly be lighter than a modern 600, its got much less engine to it...

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

I was lucky enough to be invited to review the current 690 when it first came out. The KTM has no shortage of power for it's weight and was a complete surprise after having ridden my '06 ZX6r for quite a while. What I do have issue with this model is the looks. It may be a test mule but I pray to God they improve the styling on it before the launch. Give me the old one any day.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices