Skip to content

Products Bridgestone Battlax BT-016 Pro Hypersport test Tyres

You are in... Forums > Products > Tyres > Bridgestone Battlax BT-016 Pro Hypersport test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Bridgestone Battlax BT-016 Pro Hypersport test

MCN’s Adam Child visited the Ron Haslam Race School at Silverstone recently, to attend the launch of Bridgestone’s new all-purpose sports tyre. Here’s his report… What are they?Bridgestone’s new BT-016 Pro are the Japanese firm’s latest all-round sports tyres, an evolution of the standard BT-016 using MotoGP technology, it sits between the BT-003 Street and race tyre and their BT-023 which...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 April 2011 15:47)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steven.hood7

Jan 08

steven.hood7 says:

Dont be fooled !!.

But then again, most people would be better off just using the BT023's on our rubbish roads rather than pretending they need the BT016's whether standard or pro. If Ron Haslam uses BT023's on his cbr600rr's and cbr1000rr's trackbikes then whats the point!.

Reply to this Topic
andyinvienna

Nov 05

andyinvienna says:

Old BT0-16

Had them on my CBF1000, fantastic when new in dry and wet, but after 4000km OMG the handling was crap, the bike fighting me in the bends (just like other Bridgstones I have Had), not a good tyre if you want more than 3000km and good handling, unlike the PR2 and the Roadsmarts

Reply to this Topic
sdssddd

May 11

sdssddd says:

( www).(okeynice).(com )

( www).(okeynice).(com )
THello, everybody, the good shoping place,
the new season approaching, click in.
Let’s Facelift bar!

New Arrival bag and wallet
╭━━灬╮╭━━∞╮ 
┃⌒ ⌒┃┃⌒ ⌒┃
〇╰━━━〇〇━━━〇

nike shoes

hand bag top leather $35

(Burberry、Gucci、JIMMY CHOO、LV、MIU ect )

( www).(okeynice).(com ))

Reply to this Topic
sdssddd

May 11

sdssddd says:

( www).(okeynice).(com )

( www).(okeynice).(com )
THello, everybody, the good shoping place,
the new season approaching, click in.
Let’s Facelift bar!

New Arrival bag and wallet
╭━━灬╮╭━━∞╮ 
┃⌒ ⌒┃┃⌒ ⌒┃
〇╰━━━〇〇━━━〇

nike shoes

hand bag top leather $35

(Burberry、Gucci、JIMMY CHOO、LV、MIU ect )

( www).(okeynice).(com )

Reply to this Topic
hardrock

Dec 04

hardrock says:

BT-016 Cost

Interesting to see the rear tyre cost at just shy of £170. I have just returned from a trip to France where a bolt trashed a 200 mile old standard 016 rear tyre (UK fitted £150 just before I left). The French replacement was a Pro model at 155 euros fitted & balanced on my GSXR 1000.

Moral of the story is don't change tyres before you go abroad. Square them off on the Paege roads and then get them changed when you are there. Might pay for a few beers at least.

Reply to this Topic
kwaka10r

Aug 11

kwaka10r says:

What a joke.

That was ADVERTISING not a TEST.

If it was a fair test it would have been compared against the BT016 on the same bike on the same day with the same rider.

A CONTROLLED test. Your test is a waste of time.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Multi compounds?

OEM BT016 is not a multi compound.  Only the aftermarkets are.  These tires came on my Z1000SX.  As a single compound tire, I'm not impressed in the least with side grip.  Hopefully, the off-the-rack version is better.

Reply to this Topic
Vortex1952

Mar 11

Vortex1952 says:

Bridgestone or Pirelli?

I have a question for those, here, who do understand about tyres ! I commute about 70mls daily at the moment my GSX650F has the OEM tyres, should I change for the Pirelli Diablo Corsa?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices