Skip to content

Discuss This Cat and Fiddle cameras finally on General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Cat and Fiddle cameras finally on

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Cat and Fiddle cameras finally on

A network of bike-catching average speed cameras on one of the country’s most popular motorcycling roads has finally been switched on a year behind schedule. The £800,000 cameras were installed last spring along the A537 Cat and Fiddle road on the Derbyshire-Cheshire border but could not be used for months because of a planning cock-up. A Cheshire East Council spokeswoman revealed the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (28 April 2011 17:07)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hedges

Mar 11

hedges says:

a little bird told me they have no electricity supply to the cameras - can anyone confirm? this was from a local source who knows the area better than anyone i can think of! i'm sure if all the cameras were working, they wouldnt still need the huge police presence up there at weekends? what they need to do is get rid of the ridiculous white arrows on the wrong side of the road... they are deadly for bikes.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

this place means absolutely bugger all to the vast majority of bikers or any other road users so why all the expense and reports? Its just a bit of road somewhere.

Reply to this Topic
ninjaquacker

Jun 10

ninjaquacker says:

conspiracy with Ave speed cameras

I worked for a mac contractor covering some of the motorway network and so far I have found no-one in the business who can confirm if these things actually work!. you would think that if they are setting these things up over a 2 or 3 mile stretch of motorway, then someone is having to tie all those cameras up to a computer somewhere. All the engineers i have spoken to do not have a clue which leads me to suspect that they are all dummy cameras! (but dont take my word for it just in case!)

Reply to this Topic
Pads1982

Jun 09

Pads1982 says:

Snev

The place is very popular with bikers from all of the country, my brother in law from london is itching to come up to ride it,  one of the twistiest roads in the peaks and it swarms with bikers in the good weather, its also a killer hence the heavy fuzz presence.  Wasd up there on april 9th and was a bit spirited thinking they wernt on, thanks MCN!

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Hope someone takes a Stihl Saw to one of the camera poles, that would disrupt these cameras somewhat. Thats if they are working!

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

Ninjaquacker

Interesting point you make there. I was discussing the same thing with a mate, we don't know of anyone ever caught by the average cameras. Those currently on the M1 down Milton Keynes area go on for about 15 miles so they would need lots of connections and surely a decent sized computer to process all the data from thousands of vehicles all clocking through simulataneously. I also noted on my tavels that they only have 2 cameras for 3 lanes of motorway. Certainly makes you wonder if they are working????

As for the C&F, you can still ride it flat out, simply apply a couple of strips of gaffa tape to your plate for the rtun and remove after, they won't need police up there now these wonder devices are installed so it's a free for all.

Reply to this Topic
chipsdibs

Mar 04

chipsdibs says:

buxton to chapel

The buxton to chapel road is a lot btter in my view No cameras and flows well

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

So whats the total bill for this cock up ?..... Couple a million quids ?

Reply to this Topic
bobthecat

Aug 02

bobthecat says:

Go ride somewere else, never been but it can't be that good.

Make sure they don't get any revenue

Reply to this Topic
gsf1200sv

Apr 10

gsf1200sv says:

Cat & Fiddle cameras

Oh Sh!t,

Wish I'd read this last week!

I went up there for a blast last Friday thinking they were off.

Hadn't been up there for years, enjoyed myself as the roads were quiet - Royal Wedding and all.

Came back over Wildboarclough - maybe we should all just use that road in future, it has some really good parts.

I'll keep my eye open for the nasty letter then..........

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices