Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi and Hayden boosted by Ducati GP12 shakedown MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi and Hayden boosted by Ducati GP12 shakedown

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Rossi and Hayden boosted by Ducati GP12 shakedown

Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden have both spoken of their excitement and anticipation for 2012 having recently completed a shakedown test on Ducati’s new 1000cc machine in Jerez. Rossi and Hayden both tested the new GP12 after the Spanish Grand Prix earlier this month and elaborated on the shakedown on the eve of this weekend’s Estoril round in Portugal. Nine-times world champion...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (28 April 2011 20:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
N152er

Feb 09

N152er says:

Wow it amazes me that we are just about to start the 3rd round this w/e and Ducati are looking forward to next season already. Does that mean they have given up already? I think they should try to conserve valuable points for the fans. Otherwise its not worth watching. Am I right or wrong?

Reply to this Topic
eltomo

Dec 09

eltomo says:

n152er

A: you are wrong

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Matthew Birt says:

Anything.

Then all the negative, miserable sods start up on here and look on the negative side and post stuff that makes you wonder what they see in the sport.

There`s a lot of Ducati bashing without a thought that they are a small factory who maybe dont need to compete in MotoGP to sell bikes. They have a great reputation in WSB and could get plenty publicity with just some support here or even a works team again.
Kawasaki  gone. Suzuki, once the weapon of choice in GP`s hanging on with just a token effort. Yamaha, World Champions....cant get a sponsor.
Be careful you whingers, or you might get what you wish for, a MotoGP grid with 4 works Hondas and 5 or 6 leased ones.
May I be one of the first to wish Ducati and all the other teams and riders all the best of luck for 2012.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Yes why bother N152R

Surely it's more cost effective just to roll the GP12 out the back of a truck for the first time at Qatar next year. It's bound to be right straight up with the Rossi and Burgess input.

What world do you live in?

Reply to this Topic
Fastonce

Jan 10

Fastonce says:

N125er

I'm not quite sure how N125er thinks a new bike is developed, but it's safe to say that Ducati aren't the only factory that is testing their 2012 bike, they're just the first to have their racers doing it..

I've  been watching GPs for a fair while now, and I'm just trying to remember when it was that Suzuki was the weapon of choice ..?

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

fast once

I`m older than you obviously!

Look back at almost any seasons results from 1976ish till about 83ish.

Take 1977. Barry won the championship on one and there were 23 other Suzukis in the final standings with only 5 Yamahas bringing up the numbers.
Same next year except some american upstart called Roberts won on a Yamaha, but the field was nearly all Suzukis.

I was very young at the time and as long as Barry Sheene was winning I didn`t care much else about what happened behind him to be honest.
But I`m a bit older and wiser now and I don`t want to see a Honda/Money domination.

Its great to see different manufacturerereres taking part, especially smaller teams like Ducati. I think they`ve injected a lot of interest into the sport and I think the input of Ducati over the last (8)? years and the Rossi factor in all the classes has probably saved MotoGP from oblivion. Thats why I respect them so much. Attendances were on the decline rapidly post Doohan era and I think without Ducati and Rossi the championship would be a much smaller, poorer affair probably catering even more for the Italians and Spanish.
Sorry for rambling.

Reply to this Topic
Commando828

Feb 09

Commando828 says:

1000cc of what?

Have I missed something here?

Motor matters site says : "The rules confirm previous reports from Sepang that the MSMA - the body representing the manufacturers - wish to keep the 800cc formula, to allow them to get a few more years out of their existing investment in the class. These machines will be running up against factory prototypes with 1000cc, but the limited stroke should help maintain parity between the factory machines."

The 800s are almost blue sky, but on what basis are the factory 1000s built, if anything near that of the 800s, the former will have a big advantage. If anything like a production bike (which Duke is it based one?) SBK are going to start making big leagal noises?

Will someone please clarify?

Reply to this Topic
DirtyHarry46

Apr 11

DirtyHarry46 says:

U rock Cheeky Monkey :)

Always thoughtful and Honest....

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Commando828

The factories are still obliged to field prototype machines (chassis and engines) so no conflict here with WSBK.  Obviously they still have to play by the new rules - so max 4 cyl's and 81mm bore. The theory is the new generation litre machines - or rumoured 930cc Ducati - should have parity (torque versus revs) with the current 800's which will probably continue to be run by the Satellite teams 2012 - Tech3, Gresini, Pramac et al.

The contentious issues arise with any CRT (Claiming Rule Team) using a production homologated motor as a base - no matter how heavily modified. There have been plenty of rumblings coming from InFront's (WSBK series owners) corner in respect to this. Expect legal fireworks soon.

Yes agreed C-M. The square four Suzuki's were the ticket until Yamaha moved from inline fours to it's twin cranked vee fours. You could argue Schwantz's RGV of 1990 was the best machine out there - it at least had parity to the others on balance, but never dominance.

Reply to this Topic
Commando828

Feb 09

Commando828 says:

Horses for courses?

Thanks Nostro - thought it would be you to clarify this, particularly the CRT/homologated motor - this will surely run and run.  I understood the bore limitation, but had wondered how they arrived at it - finger/air?  My gut feel is that 81mm is not such a great limitation - as there is no substittute for cc?

Could these regs give us 800cc and 1000cc tracks - so a Mugello/Donnington/Philip Isl would favour torque (with 1000cc); whilst the long straight circuits would favour revs?     Ref the 930 for the Duke;  I posted a little while back that the next generation would be a compromise, as no-one could use the full 1000, given the lap times of the current 800s v the old 990s.

Honda you should have left it all well alone  - 990 +5 speed boxes - cheap(er)!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices