Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

londonbill

Apr 10

londonbill says:

Watchdog last night

Did anyone see it.

They did a piece on car insurance, and how premiums have rocketed as a result of the increase in personal injury claims.

The interviewed several people who without any changes in circumstances, had seen their premiums rocket by as much as 100%

I went into a panic as my insurance is due next month, so got onto the computer to get a few on line quotes and guess what.

My insurance is roughly what it was last year, and on one comparison website, it's nearly £100 cheaper.

So what's going on.

Are watchdog glamming it up a bit and not disclosing the entire truth about the people who's policy prices have risen.

Has yours ?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (29 April 2011 18:48)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ajroberts

Dec 10

ajroberts says:

Insurance companies

I hate companies they are a bunch of .......

I should have 4 years no claims bonus but only have 1 as when I changed my car last january to a ford focus 1.8l they wouldn't let me take the ncb to another company so I had to start again with 0. So that cost me a tad bit over a £1000.. ( I am 21 never had any accidents claims or anything)

Though I don't know where everyone is getting their quotes from as my second year on this car was £800 for me alone. Stuck my mum as a named driver on it and got it down to £600. (Fully comp)

Though my honda CBR 600 FX is £880 TPTF

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

It's...

giving me the squits,seeing what some of you are getting stung for Insurance,because of your age. I've just been to put six Months TAX!!!:mad::mad::mad: on the bike...and the chiseling t***s hve put it up from £38.50 to £40.70....honst to God,I nearly did a 'Begbie', I was ready to smash the Post o ffice up.:shock:

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

my insurance last year was about £180 3rd party, fire and theft with a claim made. This year should be cheaper and i dont run a car as the insurance for cars is a rip off and hundreds of pounds more then bikes

Reply to this Topic
banditman2010

Jan 11

no they are not glamming it up

last year i was quoted £769. take it in mind this was a £500 pound runabout that i got of my mates grandad... my bike will be off the road next month for mot and service.. i have a car that as been sat here since i bought it never used it prefer bike. enyway my cheepist quote to date is £1346.72 so i would say thats a huge rise also the car i had last year was a 1600 this year 1100 ford ka and i thought the goverment were serpose to be making it cheeper for ozone friendly cars?????????????? so yea

but its like a muppet i know who ran after his girlfriend cos he got caught cheeting he was pissed didnt look ran out into the road and got run over now he is claiming none fault accident people like him thats causing the rise

sos about the rant but its anouying cos its costing me and the tramp is on the dole never worked a day in is life

Reply to this Topic
svgirly

Feb 11

svgirly says:

Watch Dog last night

when is Matt Alright going to do his bike test, mans such a girl jumping on the back of Dans bike all the time!!!:wink:

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

aj....

they wouldn't 'let' you take the NCB you had earned to the new insurer!?.:blink:..think you need to re-visit that one, pretty sure they have to, worth going to the insurance ombudsman on that one.

Reply to this Topic
evlcatnw

Nov 05

evlcatnw says:

ha ha

have to say having had 3 cars in 3 months, paid £80 extra to insure 53 plate 1500 almera, got £37 rebate on 08 1.3 diesel corsa, had to pay £150 to insure my 1.6 02 reg focus and keep the same premiums til june... dreading the insurance bill this time round - got 6 yrs no claims, one non-fault claim and yes i'm having to claim compo - no way on this earth am i living with a trapped nerve in my neck, trapped sciatic nerve and unstable iliac when it wasnt my fault... sorry guys but if i hav to live with it for however long i aint taking the chance of getting nowt...

Reply to this Topic
crackfinder

Mar 09

crackfinder says:

insurance

Haven't had my bike renewal in yet, but had the car one last month....was with the AA last year £11 a month direct debit, this year they wanted £25 a month..:blink:

I rang and asked why it had gone up as my circumstances had not changed other than I had yet another year NCB and was another year older?
The young lady said I was just "unlucky" as most peoples had gone up by 37% but mine was a bit more as the company they insured me with was no longer on their list so "unfortunately" the best one they could offer me was a bit more expensive.

I then explained to her that it was the AA who were "unlucky" and "unfortunately" I was taking my custom elsewhere..
I got an online quote for £16 a month direct debit, same excess as the AA but with the new policy I get a courtesy car and a ton of free personal injury cover....looks like a better policy all round :laugh:

Reply to this Topic
banditman2010

Jan 11

evlcatnw

if you deserve it then you should claim its the people who claim for no reason that are causing the rise....

and trapped nerves are not nice at all

Reply to this Topic
queen bodecia

Oct 02

Insurance...

I find I have to shop around and change insurers every year just to keep the premiums the same. But I do manage to insure both my bike and my car for under £400 fully comp. It helps being old and having a gazillion years NCB.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices