Skip to content

Discuss This Estoril MotoGP: Simoncelli and Lorenzo in public bust-up MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Estoril MotoGP: Simoncelli and Lorenzo in public bust-up

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Estoril MotoGP: Simoncelli and Lorenzo in public bust-up

Reigning MotoGP world champion Jorge Lorenzo became embroiled in an incredible war of words with Italian rival Marco Simoncelli earlier today during the post qualifying press conference in Estoril. The pair had a frank exchange of views after Simoncelli was questioned about comments made by Spaniard Lorenzo yesterday in Portugal. The factory Yamaha rider heavily criticised Simoncelli, who has earned a reputation...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 April 2011 20:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

After FP1 not one journalist asked him a question. Like the rest of his personality and life it's totally manufacture to try to regain the centre of attention.. pisspoor effort.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Lorenzo vs Simoncelli

Must agree with both Nostrodamus & BBQdog.Yes Marco is very aggressive,thats his riding style & it often costs him dearly & others on time.Just ask Alvaro.Marco's coment on the wrong example was correct & justified,I cannot argue with that.I also agree with Jorges coment on safety & riders lives at risk,especially after the racing fatalities of last year.

I think Marco will continue to ride in the same manor & sooner or later there will be a very big public bust up between the two riders.I just hope that Jorge dos'nt do some thing silly as this incodent will be thrown back in his face.

P.S. Really like the wrestling idea,it could catch on & seems like Lorenzo's words have come home to roast for Marco in todays race !

Reply to this Topic
Frankyspain

Jun 09

Frankyspain says:

lorenzo vs simoncelli

Dangerous riding at any race meeting is a nightmare. These guys are first class pro s and should not ride in a dangerous way. The marshalls should control this as will the race director:sunglasses:.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

He made Lorenzo look silly. We have heard all this rubbish before when Toseland was unfairly attacked in 2008 for a supposed 'aggressive riding style' at Qatar.

Reply to this Topic
Wellgofar

Jul 10

Wellgofar says:

OOOOhhhhh!!

Handbags at dawn!

Reply to this Topic
siiimon93

Apr 11

siiimon93 says:

bullshit

to be honest i think everyone involved should just cut the crap and let the racing do the talking! As everyone on here i have my own opinion in all the arguements currently going on in moto gp including rossi and stoner. Its now just a joke, accidents happen in racing it how you get back after them that makes you a racer not just who has the biggest mouth!

Reply to this Topic
weephil12

Apr 11

weephil12 says:

Lorenzo should shut up and grow a pair. I was at the cookstown 100 on saturday he thinks simoncelli rides hard what would he make of them lol. Its motorbike racing not follow the leader we all want to see close tight passing makes it more enjoyable than some little spanish twat running away at the front.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

bet Sic thought

Shit maybe Jorge was right?, as he hurled through the air after spitting himself off on cold tyres

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

This press conference

further reinforced my dislike for Lorenzo, huge respec' to Barbra Streisand for telling him to go and ask for support in his claims, I sense Marco seized the opportunity to display that the paddock think JL is a tw@t too. Note to Simoncelli: stop binning it coz you're costing me points

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Does not show much of the spat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNZ1yX1X4u4

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle