Skip to content

Discuss This Estoril MotoGP: Pedrosa takes first win of 2011 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Estoril MotoGP: Pedrosa takes first win of 2011

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Estoril MotoGP: Pedrosa takes first win of 2011

Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa has taken his first race win of 2011 at the Estoril circuit in Portugal today. Pedrosa and current champion Jorge Lorenzo pulled away from the rest of the field with Lorenzo in the lead. It looked as though Lorenzo would take the win, with Pedrosa unable to get close enough to make a move, but with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 May 2011 14:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
slit

Mar 11

slit says:

so

DP very good, but let's see
JL, very good and solid and looking ahead at the champ.
CS, I really don't understand this guy, he seems to be a switch, either on or off. Preziosi at ducati said of him, "sometimes Casey does things I want to kill him" "One morning I woke up, and i realized casey was not with us anymore, I felt really sad"
Dovizioso, bah, this is his last year on a good bike
rossi, good race... but losing the place on the last lap and like that, against dovi... just spoiled everything, what's up vale?????????
Sic, lot of potential, but needs to finally convert it into facts.
Cruchlow and spies - much ado about nothing. I know  C was first time on this track and injured, but still, he's up against colin edwards, who's nice block but not a champ. they are just the next toseland

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

JL: “It’s not minibikes”

Dead right….minibikes is a lot more interesting than that performance. When will Dorna get it….no one wants to watch two Spaniards lead a procession.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I was all setteled on the sofa, me and my father had just opened our beers. Waiting for Supersic to kick some ass. I had yet to take 1 sip and Marco crashed! After that it was fighting against the sleep, i was considering sticking a matchstick between my eyelids! Boring as hell. Congrats to Dani, super ride i must say. Verry hapy to see the little fellow win after the operation, and if Dani wins the champioship at the end of the season? I can live with that, and i think everyone can. Moto GP getting more boring as F1 is bad news.

Reply to this Topic
mikivic

Oct 09

mikivic says:

That was mind numbingly boring. I'm thinking of throwing some paint on the wall behind my TV next race so I have something to entertain me.

Reply to this Topic
mikivic

Oct 09

mikivic says:

I'm kidding of course, that was incredible, watching that BMW go, not knowing what'll happen at each corner, simply amazing.

Reply to this Topic
Oafski

Nov 07

Oafski says:

Definately not edge of your seat stuff but well done Dani on the win. Dovi mugging Rossi on the line, magic, high point of the race for me.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Thank you Dani

for sparing us the ridiculous astronaut pantomime.

I thought the two Spaniards were magnificent today. A little surprised that Lorenzo appeared to 'give in' so easily. I'm sure there's more to it than that of course. But the M1 didn't seem to be losing out to the RCV on acceleration to me out of all those slow corners. Pedrosa just twisted the trottle a shade harder and found a couple of tenths whilst Lorenzo lost a few.

To my mind this puts to bed the myth that Stoner is the fastest man on the planet. Pedrosa shadowed him with ease at Qatar until his shoulder misbehaved. It must be a big relief to the young man to be so strong throughout todays race despite only having the titanium plate in his collarbone removed two weeks ago. Proper hard Pedrosa. Dani's advanatge is he knows his RCV and can set it up that much quicker than Stoner for the races.

Today confirmed what most of us knew already though. This is going to be a ding dong battle all year between the three young chargers. If all remain fit it is really difficult to see anyone else getting a podium look in. A fact borne out by the three races to date.

Rossi looked good today. His riding is certainly better, but he still has a mountain to climb. Dovi beat him fair and square simply finding more drive than Rossi off the final bend. What is up with Hayden though. Third year on that thing and he's back to being all at sea.

And Spies. There must be a mechanical issue there to look so ragged so often before binning it. Shades of Biaggi at Donnington. I look forward to reading the post race quotes.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
JP4Hire

Aug 03

JP4Hire says:

Formula 1

Boring, boring boring boring. That said, well done Dani, never thought I'd be congratulating him as he is exciting as watching Gloss paint dry. Pleased he beat Lorenzo who is like watching Matt paint dry. Lets hope he thinks of something original to celebrate his next win, rather than copying an old Nº46 sketch.

Take the electronics off, lets see smokin tyres back.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Bang on Nostro, brilliant to see Dani ride like that what a brilliant ride and against a rampant Lorenzo at his best track... Rossi rode a new chassis in the race so not a bad performance and the next nearest duke 40 secs back. First rule to beat your teammate.. and most importantly they have direction now.. Monday will be telling. Brilliant rides from Cal and Aoyama too, I have a sneaky feeling that Cal will not suffer the 2nd year doldrums that the majority of WSBK riders do in motogp.. Dovi and Jlo good comments afterwards, Casey? well the less said the better, and Casey, that's advice as well as my thoughts on your comments..

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I cannot predict worth anything, as i thought J-LO would win eassily today. And i also thought Marquez would win the Moto2 championship at his first try! But i will say this, bring back 250 2strokes. All the Aliens have raced on 250s and i honestly do not see Stefan Bradl doing anything worthwile on a Moto GP bike! Great to watch the Moto2, but for developing great riders? I think not.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices