Skip to content

Discuss This Estoril MotoGP: Valentino Rossi claims best Ducati result MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Estoril MotoGP: Valentino Rossi claims best Ducati result

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Estoril MotoGP: Valentino Rossi claims best Ducati result

Valentino Rossi claimed his best result for Ducati in Estoril yesterday but was denied fourth place by fellow Italian Andrea Dovizioso right at the end of the 28-lap Portuguese MotoGP race. The 32-year-old had held fourth position right from the fourth corner of the race and he produced his best Ducati ride to date to prevent Dovizioso making one attack until...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (02 May 2011 18:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
freudianis

Jan 10

freudianis says:

When he gets it right he will out-pysche all but Lorenzo.....but even he may feel the pressure, Forze Vale

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

When he gets it right, lol

He'll still be at best 5th because there are at least four better riders out there. I guess he can always try taking someone out again.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I agree Freudianis

But only to the extent that along with his taming of the Duke Rossi hasn't got his pysche'ing out technique right this year either. He's shattered his own mystique. The young guns are well and truly out from under his shadow and have left the old man gasping.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Best Result

After 3 rounds i think most people (apart from myself) would have expected a podium by now from Rossi. But after those 3 races, and with a best result of 5th, its just a bit shit to be fair. no excuses, no moaning about the shoulder, he can't hack it on the current Ducati which is a race winner. He needs to adjust it to HIS liking. Valentino said after the race 'Dovi had the measure on me on the straights' sorry but thats another shite excuse, That ducati was faster than the honda on the straight, which even surprised me.

From the picture above he looks like he's trying to ride it like Casey, and fair play to him, but the key word here is 'trying'. Rossi is no longer the greatest. 16 seconds behind 1st. fastest bike. no problem with shoulder. not good enough.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Really?

So Yama3358 by the same calculation we can determine that Spies is not good enough, nor Simoncelli, as for Bradley or Redding in the lower classes - well we may as well sacrifice them now!

Utter crap - progressive performance is what we are seeing not piss-poor performance. 
The 80/20 rule was the old equation that was applied to bike and rider and thats certainly changed as the bikes become more powerful leading to a 90/10 rule. Its no longer the machine that maketh the man, its the rider and team that make the machine... the Duke has problems (5 front end crashes) the team are working to sort it rather than look backwards and say 'well it has won therefore it still should'.

Stoner fought a declining Ducati over the last 4 years to rack up race wins, transferred to 'onda and is at ease on a bike that lets him work to go forwards, not struggle to stay upright. Spies moved from the B team to the A team and is adapting to the new steed, slowly and progressively. Rossi from the multi-championship winning Yam to the beastie and has had to work hard to understand the bike and how it works before adapting. Very few teams transfer to a new marque and win off the bat, the last was Stoner to a sorted Honda, before that it was Bayliss and the final 1000 Duke, and before that Rossi to Yam.

Rossi's mystique is shattered after a few tough races?
Remember how upset Rossi made Stoner/Lorenzo/Pedrosa/Gibernau with a few words and close moves.
It takes years to build a reputation and seconds to destroy it - yet Rossi, the mythical prancing pixie he is, still manages to stuff it up the inside at Catalunya, Laguna seca and destroy the calm of those around him. Stoner is already mentally broken, Lorenzo has shown his vunerability to a few harsh moves and I am sure a little later this year he will bemoan Rossi for being to close/harsh/tough blah blah.

Not good enough..? In this season the best is yet to come...

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Nail and head spring to mind Chris..

Well said fella.... you got it right on every level in my opinion!!

I can't wait for the humble pie to be dished out to Nostro and his merry men.... It will be soooo sweet!

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I can't see any relationship between Dani and Casey being on the Honda and Rossi on the ducati with the surprising change in form of those riders. It's comforting to see that hardly anyone else has either.. I'll provide the custard...

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Chrisg

Simoncelli and Spies ? cant think where i metioned them. But yes, they in my book are currently faster than Valentino and he was lucky they crashed out otherwise he'd have finised 7th. And yes i actuallly expected a massive step up by Spies this year but it hasn't really happened yet. Simoncelli is obviously fast as hell but he's crashing quite a lot, his names not Casey Stoner though so we'll not slate him to much.

Stoner takes 3rd and is mentally broken ? please explain how.. did u expect him to finish 1st ? shows how good u think he is, nice one. and i'l remind you, not only did Casey win on his first race from ducati to honda, but he did so also in 2007 from honda to ducati. 

Rossi has had time from the Estoril test to summarise new parts, and has released a statement saying how he feels faster already. That's great, but i also look forward to  Le mans after raceday to another excuse on why he finished off the podium(unless it rains, he has nothing to lose).

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Stoner is broken

and heres why. He's trying to "do the Doohan". He dosen't just want to win the race, he wants to dominate every practice session, every qualifying and every race. As Stoner is now clearly on the fastest bike, then he has no reason to not be doing this. Afterall, if he's as fast as you Stoner fanboys claim he is, then the championship should be a formality, right? Oh dear, not on the evidence of what I saw at Estoril. Now he's inventing back twinges and no doubt other mystery illnesses and phantom bike problems to cover up for the fact that he's not totally dominating on the fastest bike on the grid.

And all this silly bitching at Rossi over allegedly getting a tow, he's just grasping at straws! We're gonna see Stoner come apart at the seams like we did in 2008, mark my words.

As for Rossi, he's still trying to clear up Stoners mess at Ducati. Ducati gave Stoner a bike that blitzed its rivals in 2007. But since then, thanks to Stoners dubious input, the bike has gotten worse and worse. I mean, how can you ride a bike for 4 years and not realise it has a chronic understeer problem?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices