Skip to content

Ask an Expert Sprint st 955i 2003 Wont start. Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Sprint st 955i 2003 Wont start.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

grapple

Dec 08

grapple says:

Sprint st 955i 2003 Wont start.

Bought this bike oct 08 with 18500 miles on clock have it serviced regularly ride it every day to work then 200 miles on a sunday mileage now 42000. I went for a ride had done 100 miles & it stalled fuel ok fueses ok battery dead replaced battery & indicator relay which was coroded it worked for three days now bike back at dealers. Why is the battery constantly draining itself any ideas as im getting really fed up 30 days without bike please help Grapple.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 May 2011 21:20)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

stalled

30 days without bike and it`s at the dealers:shock:How many times has this bike been at the dealers? Surely not 30 days?  

Reply to this Topic
triumphrider600

Feb 09

at 42000

miles I would guess that you regulator/rectifier has gone. It has probably cooked the original battery and maybe the replacement. You will need to check that your alternator/stator coils have not also failed, this may in turn be why the reg/rec has gone.

Tom

Reply to this Topic
grapple

Dec 08

grapple says:

Sprint st 2003

Thanks for the reply 3 times in the last 30 days & its still there.

Reply to this Topic
grapple

Dec 08

grapple says:

Sprint st 2003

Cheers Tom thanks for the advice

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

dealer

Who ever changed the battery should have checked the charging system with a multi/meter,the dealer should not charge for labour again for the same problem,they could be enticing you to buy a newer bike before fixing it.:unsure: 

Reply to this Topic
grapple

Dec 08

grapple says:

newer bike

Hi jaffa90 as regards to a newer bike ive already test ridden one the kawasaki Z1000SX with panniers & abs, i was even offered a good p/x for my sprint st 955i of £2500 but i could not afford the re-payments but will look around for one second- hand in maybe 6 mths.

Reply to this Topic
grapple

Dec 08

grapple says:

Sprint st 955i wont start

Good news bike now fixed after many days trial & error it was found that the new battery had been fried so this was replaced by the dealer along with the problem piece the regulator, Due to the lenth of time it had taken to fix the problems i was told that the new battery would be replaced under warrenty & there were to be no charges for labour i was only going to be charged for the regulator,total cost £115-00. yes you could say im very happy:shock::smile:smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle