Skip to content

Discuss This Kawasaki World Superbike team boss denies drug smuggling General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Kawasaki World Superbike team boss denies drug smuggling

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Kawasaki World Superbike team boss denies drug smuggling

The boss of Kawasaki's World Superbike squad says drugs, gun and ammunition found in his race transporter lorry were planted by a drugs gang. Paul Bird, owner of Paul Bird Motorsport (PBM), exclusively tells MCN (out this Wednesday) that he believes the gang were using his truck to smuggle contraband back into the UK, as the team returned from the Assen...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (03 May 2011 10:25)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

Thinking outside the box

If you can race a bike on 8kg of coke, and few pills and a massive spliff you deserve the title.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

When the shit hits the fan

How 4 team employees can honestly state they know nothing about 200kg of unconcealed mysterious blocks on a transporter is astonishing - that amount would fill a room. Claiming they were secretly placed there by a drug-crazed drug gang who were using the team for smuggling is laughable but by the looks of it, this excuse was enough to get them off having the transporter confiscated as is the usual practice. Was it a freebie? Birdie can only take the most sensible legal advice..... "deny everything".

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Very interesting, and I'm sure MCN will follow this story!

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

spot on luckyskua.  i reckon the four employees were taking advantage of the fact that motorsport trucks rarely get checked on channel crossings - but got stung in this case.  never thought i'd say that i feel sorry for bird, but he's been stiched up and i'm sure he knows nothing about this - being his team, it's too much to gamble on losing if he got caught, especially now he's running a factory backed team.  and i'm sure kawasaki aren't too chuffed about having their name dragged through the brown stuff on the back of this story.

look out for a queue of F1 trucks in northern France early next week while they're being checked before gettting back to Blighty ....

Reply to this Topic
N152er

Feb 09

N152er says:

news flash

Kawasaki have been busy testing some new green, luckily stayed on the white lines and got done for speeding all tooled up and Paul bird can't remember a thing LOL:laugh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Feakster

Mar 10

Feakster says:

LOL

Handguns during races certainly would add a new dimension to things. At least now we know why kawasaki had so many injuries in pre-season testing.

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

I'd be running Chrissy Vermeulen's newly rebuilt knee thru the xray scanners, perfect opportunity to use him as a drug mule and hide a stash in there while he went under the knife, I mean Kawasaki have gotta get some use out of him....ooooh, below the belt that one, sorry Chris, keep at it mate ;)

Reply to this Topic
motocollect

Apr 06

motocollect says:

Serious matter

I'm sure the Kawasaki team appreciate the the duff 'jokes' at this moment in time....! Surely any race teams budget can run to constant camera surveillance in trucks & garages? Hope this matter is soon over and Team Green are on the podium at Monza

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

I didn't know that Anthony Gobert had signed for PBM.....

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

kawasaki WSB

What Paul Bird sez must be true,if they had access to all the drugs that were found they wouldn't be so bloody useless,with that lot to hand they really would be flying..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices