Skip to content

Discuss This Recovering Toseland aims for Monza return World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Recovering Toseland aims for Monza return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Recovering Toseland aims for Monza return

James Toseland will fly to Monza tomorrow (Wednesday) with the intention of riding his BMW Motorrad Italia S1000RR for the first time since suffering his serious hand injury in testing. The former two time WSB champion had badly displaced bones in his right hand, which required extensive surgery and pins to get them realigned. Having missed the second and third round of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (03 May 2011 16:58)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Best to wait for the American round me thinks.

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

Piano...

Get playing the piano that will help with flexibility and then your ready for America, plus confidence a the bike can't be good with limited movement with your hand.

Reply to this Topic
N152er

Feb 09

N152er says:

piano?

Not sure that the band is what Tosland needs that what screwed him up in motogp. Bit like frank bruno and his pantomime. He lost his hart for boxing. Stick to the racing

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Perfect Timing

This is perfect timing as he's got a watertight excuse for :

a) Crashing 

b) Not wining

c) not beating his teamate

d) being last BMW

e) not finishing in 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 position 

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Natural Winner

He will win races again, provided the bike is competitive.

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

I would like to see him back at the sharp end, but the beema's don't seem to be the best bike at the moment, and riding injured isn't ideal. How many people have been written off over the years only to come good later, I always maintain that you don't suddenly lose the ability to ride a bike. I only really lost faith in him when he fell out with Colin, and was that incident over hyped and kept going by the press.? 

Reply to this Topic
jim929cc

Sep 10

jim929cc says:

grayx7r

grayzx7r   -  Ive said it before and I'll say it again. You are a prick.

Reply to this Topic
Molehillbmx

Oct 09

Molehillbmx says:

Toesland

Mr Toesland to BSB superbike EVO next year....or superstock

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

A "watertight excuse" is a perfectly legitimate reason. 

Reply to this Topic
andydevans

Apr 11

andydevans says:

Heroic

I currently have my hand pinned up after a motorcycle crash and have had for the last 6 weeks with the pins out next week. I wouldn’t want to be jumping back on a bike the week following, let alone attempting to race!!

We’ve seen Toseland have a downturn in form before when in WSBK and made a comeback to win the championship. However, with the level of talent in the series at the moment I think he’d struggle to repeat that sort of comeback again. He still has plenty of ability and I hope to see him troubling the front runners again when he’s fully fit.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices