Skip to content

Discuss This 'Charge': the worst timed movie ever? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > 'Charge': the worst timed movie ever?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

'Charge': the worst timed movie ever?

'Charge' is a new documentary following the electric bikes at the Isle of Man TT, and you can see the trailer below. Narrated by Ewan McGregor and directed by Mark Neale - of 'Faster' (2003) fame - there's no doubting the pedigree of its production, or the need for quality bike-flicks to drag motorcycling back into the mainstream. But - worthy as...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 May 2011 11:37)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
scandinavian

Dec 10

scandinavian says:

electric race?

I am already asleep...zzzz...

Reply to this Topic
ERP30

Apr 06

ERP30 says:

Worst Not

Ya cant say worst in the title ... i don't think its the best timing but i do think that there is room for another TT movie... people will be hyped from watching TT3D and will be so interested to see the other side ...  So for me its NOT.... WORST TIMED Movie.....

Reply to this Topic
OTimms

Mar 09

OTimms says:

What's it even about?

Is this a documentary 'film' then? I really didn't get what it was all about!

It reminded me of a government advert for highly expensive, low return technology, sponsored by GreenPeace; certainly not your usual film plot. 

Anyway, if electricity is zero emission how come my local power plant has to burn all that oil?

What about all the future embodied energy in setting up recharging stations and the environmental impact of us producing ten times more battery acid and lithium sourcing.

Totally pointless film and totally pointless technology in my opinion.   

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

they are so... GAY! I dont care what they say, it's not exciting it's not better, it is definitly not clean! and Ewan Mcgregor is such a sellout

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Clean Quiet?

Quiet maybe but clean?

The power has to be generated using coal, gas or nuclear energy so the emissions are now at the generating plant.

Zero Emission bike? total bullshit mate...I'm suprised that a man of Ewan McGreggors' intellect could utter such tripe. Must be getting paid well...

Next thing the nutters will be back on the feet-forward loony Tony Foale concept ramming it down our necks for the hundreth time and 99.99999% of bikers will roll their eyes with boredom.

Reply to this Topic
Acceleratorfilms

Jul 06

US release

I thought it might be a good idea if we clarified the release schedule for the film, unfortunately Dan hasn't checked his facts. CHARGE is only being released in the US at this time, where TT:3D hasn't yet hit the screens. CHARGE will be released later in the year by CinemaNX, the team behind the release of TT:3D.

Mark Neale the director of CHARGE is the man behind FASTER and THE DOCTOR, THE TORNADO & THE KENTUCKY KID. His film is very different to TT:3D which we agree is a very hard act to follow. As devoted biker, I'm just happy that there are so many two wheeled movies being released this year - Mark is also working on a follow up to FASTER which should hit the screens later this year.

You might hate the idea of electric bikes (I did), but check out the film and then decide!

Paul Kewley, Producer CHARGE

Reply to this Topic
YORKSHIRE1003

Apr 11

Quiet!?

Have you heard a washing machine!? It's not quiet. Worse still, it's not even a nice sound. I also agree 100% with Joeslow about the emissions thing; how gullible do they think people are?

Reply to this Topic
djawillis

Jun 06

djawillis says:

Wake up!

You might not think it now but change is coming. and its good. 100 years ago people would think you were mad to bolt an engine in to a two wheel frame you might be thinking its mad and electric bikes are pointless. well get educated 4 stroke is going to die! im sorry and it will be sad but it will. People dont like change thats why all sports bikes are the same.

few things of interest

telescopic forks are probably the worst type of suspension for road bikes.

Chains would be far more reliable encased and not left open belts just as good.

NM is more usefull than bhp.

If we all accepted and asked for change your bikes would be so much better im not saying its 100% the way forward but give it a go progress thats what its about.

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

We are Fully Awake

- instead of asking for change and what's new, ask for whats practical and best.

If you think you can do better then prove it or belt up.

Face it,  the racer in the picture is so ugly that it would never sell as a road going version. Electric bikes have an identity crisis, they look crap.

Until alternative fuel vehicles can be charged or refilled as quickly and easily as a conventional vehicle then they will not be accepted as a universal replacement.

Audio CD was supposed to replace records but guess what, LP sales are healthy and 78 records are being made again !!

It's all marketing bullshit trying to make people dissatified with what they have so the makers can sell more products to them.

And now the history lesson:

American, Sylvester Howard Roper (1823-1896) invented a two-cylinder, steam-engine motorcycle (powered by coal) in 1867. This can be considered the first motorcycle, if you allow your description of a motorcycle to include a steam engine. Howard Roper also invented a steam engine car.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices